Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Art Mode - Frame 2021 - Art Mode waking up turns the AVR on

(Topic created on: 08-10-2021 02:26 PM)
poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options
TV

Brand new 2021 75" Frame (QE75LS03A), connected via HDMI ARC to Denon AVR-X2400H.
One remote control works like a charm - turning off, turning on, sound level control - no issues there.

BUT

I have the TV set up to go into Art Mode when turned off, Denon turns off as well. The Art Mode will turn off completely thanks to motion and or / light sensor. - when I'm not in the room for some time or when the night comes. That's also fine, that's how I want it to work.

The problem is - if, after some time , I walk into the room and the motion sensor turns the Art Mode on, the AVR turns on as well - and that's not how it should work, I'm not planning to watch the TV, I didn't turn it on. I just want a nice picture on the wall. Furthermore, even when I manually turn the AVR off, it turns back on after a fraction of a second. The only way to turn it off is to turn the TV on and off - then the TV stays in Art Mode with the AVR turned off.

Both the TV and the AVR have the latest firmware.
Is it a bug or is it a feature?

3 REPLIES 3
_DMS
First Poster
Options
TV

Have you received any support so far? I'm experiencing the same problem. This should be solved easily by samsung. 

poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options
TV

Nope, nothing helpful. I called Samsung and they just confirmed that I have the newest firmware, went through the settings that I had already checked before, advised that I check my HDMI cables and that's it. So I checked the cables, even bought a new set and it didn't help at all.

As far as I'm concerned - The Frame has some kind of a bug that sends a signal via HDMI when waking up to Art Mode while it clearly shouldn't.

0 Likes
_DMS
First Poster
Options
TV

Thanks for the update. That is definetely a big which Samsung should fix. Let's hope that they do.