Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art Mode - Frame 2021 - Art Mode waking up turns the AVR on

(Topic created on: 08-10-2021 02:26 PM)
poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options

Brand new 2021 75" Frame (QE75LS03A), connected via HDMI ARC to Denon AVR-X2400H.
One remote control works like a charm - turning off, turning on, sound level control - no issues there.

BUT

I have the TV set up to go into Art Mode when turned off, Denon turns off as well. The Art Mode will turn off completely thanks to motion and or / light sensor. - when I'm not in the room for some time or when the night comes. That's also fine, that's how I want it to work.

The problem is - if, after some time , I walk into the room and the motion sensor turns the Art Mode on, the AVR turns on as well - and that's not how it should work, I'm not planning to watch the TV, I didn't turn it on. I just want a nice picture on the wall. Furthermore, even when I manually turn the AVR off, it turns back on after a fraction of a second. The only way to turn it off is to turn the TV on and off - then the TV stays in Art Mode with the AVR turned off.

Both the TV and the AVR have the latest firmware.
Is it a bug or is it a feature?

41 REPLIES 41
NathanAndrews
Apprentice
Options

hello all, I almost never post on any forum, but this is EXTREMELY frustrating to me. I have the exact same issue as others have described with a 2021 Frame. One thing that I also note on top of the others, is that I cannot get my speaker bar to stay connected to Bluetooth correctly, as the Frame constantly “wakes up” and changes the input back to e-arc because of some dumb communication happening. I would have never purchased this had I known I wouldn’t be able to use the art feature. Samsung PLEASE address this. 

RonaldJason
Apprentice
Options

Same issie here with the 2021 Frame model and a Pioneer SC-LX75. Remote and setup works perfectly but the wake up of the Art mode switches the input of the audio. Thus when listening to the radio and passing in front of my TV the input channel switches to TV (and stops the radio). Very frustrating. Good to read I'm not the only one with this issue, sad to hear Samsung is not solving this!

Is samsung reading this?

Phil J
First Poster
Options

Wow, that’s awful. Certainly a bug, no techie would set something like that up. Beginning to think my issue is nothing compared to stuff like this!

0 Likes
NathanAndrews
Apprentice
Options

Just replying back to this again to see if anyone at Samsung can try to help, as this issue makes art mode fully inoperable in my scenario, this making the point of this whole TV useless to me.  Please help!!!!!! 

0 Likes
Sly Nomad
First Poster
Options

I am/was having this problem as well. Art mode reactivated by motion sensor was turning on my Samsung Q700A soundbar and also turning on my external Apple TV 4k (2nd gen). Not every time, but more often than not. Samsung tech support was beyond useless; they hit the part in their troubleshooting checklist that says 'send a technician', and you can't get them to listen to any kind of reason. This is clearly some kind of software bug.

I think I may have solved this. More testing needed. After researching extensively online, I came across the suggestion of removing the TV from the Smart Things application on my iPhone. This is not intuitive, and makes absolutely no sense (to me) how one could possibly affect the other. But I was out of things to try. So I removed the TV from the Smart Things app on my phone. Now things are working as they are supposed to! Art mode wakes up and soundbar stays off, and so does Apple TV.

The Frame 55", 2022 model | 1211 software
TV setting: CEC (Anynet+) on (needs to be for eARC sound output)
High speed HDMI cables (8k@60, 4k@120, eARC rated)
Q700A Soundbar, 2021
iPhone XR iOS 15.5
Smart Things app, 1.6.85.14

I will update this posting if things go south. I do not know how/if the Smart Things app is related to any firmware updates to the TV; this seems to be handled through the TV's menus. But even adding the TV to the app again a few times a year for updates and then removing it again so Art Mode works correctly is better than nothing.

I tried extensively to get Samsung tech support to send a notice to their software developers so they are aware this needs to be addressed. The impression I got, and then was flat-out told, is that Samsung's left hand doesn't know what its right is doing, and this won't change.

If this setup works for you, please comment and let me and others know. Be well.

UPDATE 6/8/2022: The problem is back. Turns out removing the TV from Smart Things app does not fix the issue. It did make it less frequent for a bit. Sorry, was really hoping I was on to something there.

Laurentb42
Apprentice
Options

You are the best  !  Your suggestion of removing the TV from the Smart Things works fine after restarting the TV !

You discovered the source of the problem, which samsung was not even able to do! Thank you so much !

Samsung needs to fix this bug in smarthings now !

0 Likes
buzzyapyear
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same basic issue, noted here: 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Frame-TV-connected-to-HW-Q900A-soundbar-e-arc-preve...

TL;DR: when trying to listen to my Sonos box through the SPDIF port on the soundbar, art mode on The Frame TV switches the input to earc.  Really frustrating.  

0 Likes
NathanAndrews
Apprentice
Options

This still is happening to me as well, and the solution above didn't seem to help at all in my case. Samsung can you please help us! When in art-mode there should be NO HDMI-E-ARC pinging at all! as the TV is "off"

0 Likes
Phil J
First Poster
Options

🤞mines been working fine for quite some time now. Having read the latest post re: SmartThings I decided to check. Guess what SmartThings won’t connect my iPhone to the tv, tried diagnostics and it reports an error DE33-14 which basically means it’s offline! Tried reconnecting via SmartThings- it was unable to connect!
Conclusion - I’m leaving it as it is, it you are right then SmartThings should be disconnected for the tv to work Art Mode as it is described !

0 Likes
RonaldJason
Apprentice
Options

Good thing you didn't try to solve this.... I wanted to change the picture on my TV and for that I reconfigured SmartThings as it was also offline... Guess what, since that moment my reveiver is again switching to TV anytime it light up, thus I confirm the earlier conclusion that was made.

I hope the problem is solved with removing SmartThings again! 

0 Likes