Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art Mode - Frame 2021 - Art Mode waking up turns the AVR on

(Topic created on: 11-11-2021 08:49 PM)
poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options

Brand new 2021 75" Frame (QE75LS03A), connected via HDMI ARC to Denon AVR-X2400H.
One remote control works like a charm - turning off, turning on, sound level control - no issues there.

BUT

I have the TV set up to go into Art Mode when turned off, Denon turns off as well. The Art Mode will turn off completely thanks to motion and or / light sensor. - when I'm not in the room for some time or when the night comes. That's also fine, that's how I want it to work.

The problem is - if, after some time , I walk into the room and the motion sensor turns the Art Mode on, the AVR turns on as well - and that's not how it should work, I'm not planning to watch the TV, I didn't turn it on. I just want a nice picture on the wall. Furthermore, even when I manually turn the AVR off, it turns back on after a fraction of a second. The only way to turn it off is to turn the TV on and off - then the TV stays in Art Mode with the AVR turned off.

Both the TV and the AVR have the latest firmware.
Is it a bug or is it a feature?

41 REPLIES 41
_DMS
Apprentice
Options

Have you received any support so far? I'm experiencing the same problem. This should be solved easily by samsung. 

poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options

Nope, nothing helpful. I called Samsung and they just confirmed that I have the newest firmware, went through the settings that I had already checked before, advised that I check my HDMI cables and that's it. So I checked the cables, even bought a new set and it didn't help at all.

As far as I'm concerned - The Frame has some kind of a bug that sends a signal via HDMI when waking up to Art Mode while it clearly shouldn't.

_DMS
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the update. That is definetely a big which Samsung should fix. Let's hope that they do. 

Laurentb42
Apprentice
Options

Exacly the same issue with new 2021 65" Frame (QE65LS03A) connected via HDMI ARC to Yamaha RX-A3050 😞

Clearly a bug.

addierwerk
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

I'm also having the exact same issue with my Samsung The Frame 65" 2021 and a Denon AVR via ARC. Really annoying - esp since I found online some similar reports of 2020 models which seem to have had the exact same issue but it seems it was solved for those older models via a firmware update.

regards, Herbert

_DMS
Apprentice
Options

How can we address this topic to Samsung? Is anybody at Samsung working on this issue or do they at least review the community board? 

0 Likes
addierwerk
Apprentice
Options

Hi again,

just want to update you, maybe it helps: The problem seems to be more complex. I tried to test it by covering the sensor in the corner bottom right to simulate night and the restart in the morning. I sometimes could replicate the unwanted wakeup of the AV receiver, but not always. I have the TV on eARC on my AVR's ARC/monitor HDMI. Also connected on the AVR are a FireTV stick and a BluRay Player. I then changed the setup so that the Fire and the BluRay are directly connected to the TV and the AVR is only connected via ARC/monitor on the eARC HDMI port of the TV. Now it seems to work, no unwanted wakeup of the AVR in Art mode after night or standby. Hopefully it is fixed now with the more simple setup.

Regards, Herbert

0 Likes
poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options

Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, this doesn't help in my case - I have Apple TV and a cable box connected to the PVR. Connecting it directly to the TV won't work as I use both outputs of the PVR - I watch some of the content on TV, but sometimes I use the other output, which sends the signal to the Epson Projector.

I guess that the bright side is that it could always be worse - Art Mode could trigger the 2nd PVR output :smiling-face:

Thanks again, but unfortunately I have to wait for Samsung to fix it. And I'm not really hoping for it to happen anytime soon :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Laurentb42
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a MiBox 3 but it's connected on HDMI TV port. I have no device connected on the AVR but I still have this bug. 

0 Likes