Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 08-07-2020 10:25 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
halster65
Pioneer
Options
master11
Explorer
Options
@halster65 - Please advise, should i go for a second repair tomorrow, i dont think they gonna add value or should i refuse and keep hounding John Lewis...
0 Likes
halster65
Pioneer
Options
Its really upto you, maybe this second 'repair' will make it plain on the report what the issue is, tbh, if it was me, i would refuse.

Ive just come of the phone with JL, after talking to them for 1.5hrs. i need a cup of tea...i am finally gettingnij writing why they cant help me any further, and that its samsung that need to sort my issue out. JL admit that there is an issue, not a fault, but yeh samsung need to fix it. So I will wait for the email and be on the phone to trading standards first thing tomorrow morning!
0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Tried my Credit Card Company in the UK several times. Finally got taped message due to virus staff restricted etc. etc.

So  no one taking calls, filled in online section 75 form will see if i get a response.

0 Likes
halster65
Pioneer
Options
No email, no surprise there, will be back onto JL in the morning.

According to JL, there is no fault with the tv, if i can watch tv, then theres no fault. Its so frustrating explaining over and over again with these lot. I've even been asked to get hold of a independent Tv repair to get a report. From my pocket, so i delcined. There not gona offer me any more repairs. Keep peddling its a software issue and the JL warranty covers parts only. I really am going to take them to the small claims court if trading standards dont work out.
0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

@master11 wrote:
@halster65 - Please advise, should i go for a second repair tomorrow, i dont think they gonna add value or should i refuse and keep hounding John Lewis...

When the engineer turns up, ask him exactly what they plan to do in detail before they take it.

Also, when you get the set back they will give you a piece of paper to sign. Write on it "Problem still persists" after you check the storage.

Take a picture of it on your phone, then send it to John Lewis.

Get the manager's FIRST and LAST name. Tell him/her that they will be the first in the firing line when OFT will come knocking unless you get a refund. Knowing full well that John Lewis have already given refunds out for this series

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

@halster65 wrote:
No email, no surprise there, will be back onto JL in the morning.

According to JL, there is no fault with the tv, if i can watch tv, then theres no fault. Its so frustrating explaining over and over again with these lot. I've even been asked to get hold of a independent Tv repair to get a report. From my pocket, so i delcined. There not gona offer me any more repairs. Keep peddling its a software issue and the JL warranty covers parts only. I really am going to take them to the small claims court if trading standards dont work out.

Halster.

You're going about it the wrong way.

Get a final decision from JL in writing. That's it.

Don't argue with them anymore, it's wasted energy.

Get the email. Talk to OFT. Send them the email and the evidence i gave you .

Leave it to them. 

JL are £2.4bn in debt and have closed ranks to refuse refunds.

Samsung are pathetic

JL are now the Dixon's of this era

Leave it to OFT

Light a cigar and relax

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Because i'm i a different situation to most with this problem Is anyone prepared to send me a P.M copy of the engineers report that they have .

The engineer who looked at my set here in Greece told me he had sent a report to Samsung confirming our thoughts but was unwilling to give me a copy as it is confidential.Samsung only willing to do this USB App Transfer, i know they want to drag this out till August as everything shuts for a month. That would be 6 months since trying to get this resolved.

. So i need a report about the problem to forward to the  Credit Card Company.

Thank you.

0 Likes
master11
Explorer
Options

I've had my TV collected again yesterday by ISL (the local repair company), he was asking me what apps i had installed. I've tried explaining it had nothing to do with apps as even without installing anything, the updates for the Samsung apps alone would fill up the memory in the next few months. I still have my JL warranty for 4 more years :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Will keep this forum posted on what happens, also bought a Sony 55A1 OLED on eBay for £400...it has some screen burn on red, all other colours look fine, need to drive to SG1 to have a look and pick it up.

0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

HOWTO find out / download the latest firmware for your Samsung Smart TV

This video shows you how you can find the latest firmware that is available on Samsung's website. You will need to know your TV model (which can vary depending on your country). A HOWTO video describing how to get this information is available in this series.

#FixOurSamsung

0 Likes