Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Closed Caption and stopSubtittles defaulting to ON

(Topic created on: 17-04-2023 04:36 PM)
Dave DND
Student
Options

I have a large networked house with a 32Tb Network storage device hard wired to ten televisions, most of them are LG and work fine. I have 3 Samsung TVs  2x UE40T5300AKXXU and a UE32N5300 that I am having issues with - all are displaying the same problem.  When viewing Movies/TV Programs from my NAS I am getting closed captioning and Subtitle appearing which I want to remove. Subtitles on the Accessibility Menu is turned off and there is no CC option at all. I understand that the source media may have included CC & SUBS but my LG displays the files without these just fine, its the Samsung software that keeps defaulting to them. If watching a program and I press the UP button twice on the remote I can see a small Cog for settings in the lower right of the screen where there is an option to turn off the Subs, (so it proves it CAN be done) but this only lasts for the duration of the program whilst watching it. I cannot turn off the CC. This is driving me nuts, and its proving impossible to convey this technical issue to the outsourced non-English speaking tech support guys and girls who also seemed oblivious to the double up button trick. So, before I take 3 brand new TV's back to Currys and swap them for more LG ones, can anyone offer any help or guidance please?

3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Maestro
Options
Must like watching t.v then with all them sets.
0 Likes
Dave DND
Student
Options

Big family and it was easier to do this than have separate hard drives in each room that always had different programs on - at least this way we only have to add movies and programs to one central device. Less time consuming and far cheaper too. Just wish I could get the Samsung's to play nicely

BetsyR
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue. 

0 Likes