Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 4 app not showing all programmes on Frame 2021

(Topic created on: 23-09-2021 08:46 PM)
Frank72
Student
Options

A few weeks ago I noticed that not all evening programmes were available on catchup in the All 4 app. Some of these programmes were also in the boxset menus but again not there. An example is the Handmaids Tale shown on a Sunday evening. In the All4 app this seems to have ended at S4E6 - whereas on on my tablet or PC's All4 app up to S4E9 is currently available. Many other evening programmes are missing.

I called Channel 4 and they had no knowledge of any problems or restrictions. 

The TV is set to auto update, and even check on updates showing all should be in order. I've even done a hub reset to no avail!

Anyone else had/having this problem? But, more importantly how have they resolved it?

The photo below shows the catchup schedule for Sunday evening. Last programme is at 8pm and then nothing until 2.05am!

IMG_20210817_132636.jpg

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Sean57
First Poster
Options

I have had a very similar issue to other posts, I.e. all4 app on samsung tv shows pictures of new episodes of grand designs but when click.on lot old episodes are shown. I updated the app but nothing changed.

I believe I have now fixed the issue on my series 6 UE40H6400 tv by signing out of all4. 

All new episodes were then listed Nd I signed bsck in and all looks ok at the moment.

Try it and hope this fixes your issues too.

0 Likes
Sheryl1969
Student
Options

Just tried it but it doesn't fix it for me - still can't get season 4 of Handmaid's Tale or latest series of bake off - REALLY INFURIATING 

0 Likes
Frank72
Student
Options

Last week I noticed that the All4 App was showing all expected episodes of the Handmaids Tale, and similar with other programs that had previously been missing. My TV  (Frame 2021) is set to auto update so I can only think that at some point the app was updated. No logging of and on All4 in this case.

Perhaps, Samsung did take note of the issue! Hope everyone else gets theirs' fixed.

0 Likes
rgsaunders
First Poster
Options

Same here, some time last week mine started showing everything it should (2021 QN95A)

0 Likes
ebateb
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem but uninstalled the App on my Samsung. Reinstalled it, rebooted the TV and then signed in again. All working now and can see all missing programs.

0 Likes
Sheryl1969
Student
Options

Unfortunately it's not fixed for me. My TV is set to autoupdate and has the latest software installed.Today I did a smart hub reset and a factory reset but that didn't help.

0 Likes
simonilly
First Poster
Options

This has been bugging me for ages and I finally worked out what was wrong in my case.

When looking at the settings in the app store on the TV. The all4 app was not set to auto update. I didnt realise that apps had this setting.

Anyway first thing I did was set All4 to auto update and then went to the All4 app store page itself and tried to open it from there.

I received a message saying an update available but it didn't work for some unknown reason.

Next I then went into the app the normal way and signed out.

When I went back to the All4 store front page and tried to open it again from here. The update message came up but this time when I tried to update, I got a message about not enough space to install.

It then asked me to delete some apps to make room.

Hey presto, app updated and now working as it should, showing all the latest programmes :smiling-face:

I hope this helps others!

0 Likes
StillSmiling
Student
Options
I have this issue but on my bt youview box running through a 15 year old Panasonic TV so it isn't just limited to Samsung products
0 Likes