Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame remote stopped displaying Freeview

(Topic created on: 18-02-2024 09:43 PM)
0Steve
Apprentice
Options

Day old 65" The Frame.

My TV remote was working without issue, showing access to the Freeview guide (and other things) on either right or left press when watching a terrestrial TV channel. This morning it stopped, showing neither Freeview guide nor anything else on either right or left press. Up and down also do nothing (but never tried before so this may be normal behaviour).

Elsewhere, right, left, up and down work as expected.

I looked at the manual, which suggested a quick touch of the channel up/down button. That only displays Samsung channels. A long touch gives an option to show terrestrial channels, but not in the form of a guide. There is no indication what program is on at the time, what's up next, etc. 

Does anyone know how I can get Freeview displaying on right or left press again?

My TV: The Frame 65" - QA65LS03BAWXXY
2 REPLIES 2
0Steve
Apprentice
Options

Time  seems to have done the trick. About fifteen minutes after asking the question, about three hours of frustration ended. I can watch what's left of FTA News this morning.

0 Likes
0Steve
Apprentice
Options

No 'Samsung Community' I did not solve my problem. The problem now does not exist, but I have no clue about possible causes, nor what to do if it happens again. I only have a suspicion it is bad programming; the Freeview guide was down but the programmer neglected to write an 'If' statement for that. 

0 Likes