Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 15-05-2019 11:30 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

Go to solution
425 REPLIES 425
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

I do not have the full correspondence, so the responded message might only refer to the HDMI 2.1 upgrade which they promise on Samsung's own product page for the Q900RA model.

"1) Based on current 8K connectivity and decoding standards. May not support future connectivity, broadcasting, and decoding standards. Upgrade for meeting future standards may require purchase of an additional device or devices.2) Will provide complimentary upgrade for HDMI 2.1 support when available. Please contact customer support for more details.3) May not support certain 3rd party standards."

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

2.11.2020 new update 1310.04 is availble for TV models Q900R.. I don't look yet, but I will for few days...maybe is something new.. 😉 

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

  Not much of interest I'm afraid. 

Screenshot_20201103-113814_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

Thanks for letting us know @Ivan1979 ! I wish they specify on the website what the update is about...

Skjermbilde 2020-11-03 kl. 13.20.42.png

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/model/QE75Q900RATXXU/
 https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/model/QE65Q900RATXXU/ 

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/model/QE85Q900RATXXU/

Why can't all updates not be done directly on the TV, but have to be done through a USB ?

By the way, I assume I need to choose the "OS" if downloading from a MacBook ?

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

In case someone wants more details about HDMI 2.1, in English and German available:

www.tvfindr.com/hdmi-2-1/

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

Update version 1310.4 - October/November 2020:

The following was just posted by a mod in the German Samsung community and I translated it with the Microsoft translator app, but unfortunately nothing about an eARC update:

108 MP images from the Galaxy S20 are now supported. An issue was fixed where apps no longer work if the TV was disconnected from power during installation. Fixed an issue where Apple Music did not play sound. Security updates.

GQ65Q800T
mortyre
Explorer
Options

Nothing. The 8K QLED 2019 & 2020 have received the update to correct the 120Hz problem in 4K. On the other hand our 2018 model the Q900R no update.

To this ask what we really received as a new One Connect ? Samsung never really communicates this apart from saying 8K. Whats about ALMM, VRR, ... and deep color ?

Members_n8XmbAF
First Poster
Options

Its in hdmi 3 on my one connect box the Arc. Put it in there and it will work. Just tried it been playing ps5 for 2 days wrong bloody slot

IMG-20201121-WA0018.jpeg

0 Likes
Ry00ki
Apprentice
Options

@Members_n8XmbAF wrote:

Its in hdmi 3 on my one connect box the Arc. Put it in there and it will work. Just tried it been playing ps5 for 2 days wrong bloody slot

IMG-20201121-WA0018.jpeg

@Members_n8XmbAF wrote:

IMG-20201121-WA0018.jpeg

Interesting, I tried various hmdi ports on my updated one connecte box I got from Samsung few months ago. Can't get the 120hz to show up like you. Hdmi 1, 2 or 4. 3 is arc i believe.
You said you plugged it in the arc hdmi , does that mean you are not using a soundbar or the arc at all? I'm not sure but most soundbar aren't hdmi 2.1, isn't it? Isn't that better to leave the arc port for something else than the ps5?

tom99
Voyager
Options

As there are a lot discussions about the specs of the OCB that was exchanged by Samsung, this is what a mod posted in the German community in October 2019, which he took from a technical documentation - which is not available to us:

Q900 (2018) w/OCB Change: HDMI 2.1, 8K 60P, HFR (4K 120p), HFR (2K 120p, 2.5K 120p), VRR, HDR 10+, ALLM (Auto Game Mode)

GQ65Q800T