Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 15-05-2019 11:30 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@dolly82 wrote:

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

I had the q900r when they did the 60 day no quibble return. Not that impressed, as sd material was not good. It was very bright, but my son did not like it and said it was odd. Subtlety very bright. Anywa I had seen the review on YouTube, and the reviewer said he had been informed that Samsung would replace the one connect with a 2.1 version free of charge. When I received the tv I had to contact customer support and I asked them when the updated connect box might be delivered, and double checked to see if it was a free upgrade. I was told no they had no idea when available and no it will not be free. I asked how much will it be and they could not tell me. The tv also failed to record scheduled programs, and then the screen developed lines all across it, as if a brick had been thrown at it. It went back, which was a nightmare because it was collected, but took them over 2 months to issue the refund. 

So unless you have it in writing from your retailers that the guarantee a free 2.1 replacement one connect, do not hold your breath. 

They did the same with the 2016 KS series saying it was fully smart things capable, it just needed a USB dongle which Samsung said they would supply free of charge later in the year. Was never supplied, so misrepresentation, which you can see on the ks owners refund thread. 

The bottom line is it the retailer who is responsible and he they do not advertise a function, even if the manufacturers do, you have no come back. So always make sure you have everything in writing about the functions you want. Don't assume, and never trust them to keep their word, have it in writing. 

Paul

View solution in context

425 REPLIES 425
Solution
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@dolly82 wrote:

be as honest as you can.

I had the q900r when they did the 60 day no quibble return. Not that impressed, as sd material was not good. It was very bright, but my son did not like it and said it was odd. Subtlety very bright. Anywa I had seen the review on YouTube, and the reviewer said he had been informed that Samsung would replace the one connect with a 2.1 version free of charge. When I received the tv I had to contact customer support and I asked them when the updated connect box might be delivered, and double checked to see if it was a free upgrade. I was told no they had no idea when available and no it will not be free. I asked how much will it be and they could not tell me. The tv also failed to record scheduled programs, and then the screen developed lines all across it, as if a brick had been thrown at it. It went back, which was a nightmare because it was collected, but took them over 2 months to issue the refund. 

So unless you have it in writing from your retailers that the guarantee a free 2.1 replacement one connect, do not hold your breath. 

They did the same with the 2016 KS series saying it was fully smart things capable, it just needed a USB dongle which Samsung said they would supply free of charge later in the year. Was never supplied, so misrepresentation, which you can see on the ks owners refund thread. 

The bottom line is it the retailer who is responsible and he they do not advertise a function, even if the manufacturers do, you have no come back. So always make sure you have everything in writing about the functions you want. Don't assume, and never trust them to keep their word, have it in writing. 

Paul

dolly82
Student
Options

The truth comes out from the customers, No wonder 5 different TV support staff acted like they did not even know what a one connect box was. Such a shame somewhere in Samsungs customer service offices people are not doing there jobs correctly and is costing the company so much money in new customers as no one can answer simple question, The guy who responded to my post has given me more infomation in a paragraph than samsung could give in a full year of speaking to them daily.

Great reply so thankyou. I think ill steer clear for time being, I have heard on another forum that 60% of all tv units shipped 900R 8K have been returned due to faults, I had my suspisions, but probably think its more true than false.

I can not say I am a fan of the one connect box being outside the TV, its a lazy design not fitting it into TV but its gets red hot im told and thats why they pulled it from being inside the TV as it would eventually damage screen or prob did during aplha tests of the model.

KateBovski
Apprentice
Options

I like the one connect box you don't need to have loads of cables running to the screen.

You don't need to have your AV gear close to the screen.

Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

Gave Samsung uk a call to ask if they would change/upgrade me one connect box to the 2.1 hdmi box, long story short they didn’t have a clue what I was talking about . Has anyone had a q900r box upgrade from Samsung ?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tonyst1974 wrote:

Gave Samsung uk a call to ask if they would change/upgrade me one connect box to the 2.1 hdmi box, long story short they didn’t have a clue what I was talking about . Has anyone had a q900r box upgrade from Samsung ?

I had the tv and remember seeing on some reviews that Samsung would change the one connect for the 2.1 HDMI box. When I got the tv I asked Samsung support if they would confirm the replacement, free of charge, and they said they would replace, but not free. I asked how much, and they said they did not know the charge. 

After all other promises which Samsung have related on, I lost all faith with them. I had the tv on 90 day trial, so it went back. 

Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options
Samsung told me they don’t even sell the 2.1 box on it’s own. 😡
0 Likes
robofobo
Journeyman
Options

Website stilll saying we will be geeting it for free. once its avaliable. Otherwise we all can take illagal action against them, 

Will provide complimentary upgrade for HDMI 2.1 support when available. Please contact customer support for more details.

Capture.JPG

robofobo
Journeyman
Options
Will provide complimentary upgrade for HDMI 2.1 support when available. Please contact customer support for more details.
0 Likes
andregm3
First Poster
Options

the Q900R hdmi 4 port already have hdmi 2.1 capable, they probably will upgrade it by software, that's why its going to be free, so don't expect a new one connect box for free...

0 Likes