Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 16-05-2020 09:59 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

@Huffdan7 

Mr. Dan, I put fan under my OCB,but don't know if that helps... maybe a little bit.. 🙂DSC_0256.JPG

DSC_0255.JPG

DSC_0254.JPG

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@tom99 wrote:

I am afraid there is no visible difference at all (except type number). You just have to believe that there is a difference😉

Thanks for pointing that out that there is no way to see it physically (or comparing the four ports to see if the 4th. port is a HDMI 2.1). But does this also mean I can also use a non-2.1 HDMI cable in this port ?

IMG_2098.jpg

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@Huffdan7 wrote:

Glad you rec'd box....I would be curious to know if you can see a difference in the picture/motion  of the device plugged into the new 2.1 port.  Seems I read somewhere the person with the new port could not see any difference. Just curious. Dan in USA

Hello Dan/ @Huffdan7 , I do not have a HDMI 2.1 cable yet (if that is needed) or don't really know how to test this 8K yet. My Apple TV box is not even 4K, as I have not yet decided if I should go for the 32 or 64GB, or even if I should wait till the next Apple TV boxes are released. I did get a link to a place I could download a 8K video, but it needed my e-mail and name, so I did not do it (I seem to not be able to find that post again )...

@Huffdan7 wrote:

Also, does your TV run really warm/hot.  I never realized mine ran so hot until I put my hand on top of the box and also got up close to the TV screen, no previous Samsung TV I ever had was ever that hot to the touch.  Dan USA

Both the OCB and TV are a bit warm when touching them, but I see others have replied about installing a small fan. I like the setup by  @Ivan1979 - and I hope he will tell us more about what kind of a fan model he got and how he put this together.

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@tom99 wrote:

For information: The model number of my exchanged box for my German Q900 is SOC2001R.

How do I find the model number for my new OSB replacement ? I tried to look at the stickers under the box and in the settings, but no luck...

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

@PeerNorway 

You can use HDMI cable from 1.0version to 2.1version on port 4 to get picture and sound...
Under the OCB you must have sticker with number that you want,it start with SOC...
That fan what I use is for laptop's... :smiling-face:

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

In a closed QLED group on Facebook, I was asked why Port 3 was not eARC, but just ARC - and then someone replied the eARC is in Port 4 with the HDMI 2.1 - so can anyone else confirm this ?

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

That is not true my friend... :winking-face:

eARC will be on HDMI 3 port when Samsung update it...

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@Ivan1979 wrote:
That is not true my friend... :winking-face:

Argh... :winking-face: It is strange they did not update Port 3 from ARC to eARC if Port 4 that is now capable of doing the new upcoming standard HDMI 2.1, when these were newly made (as they were having problems re-stocking over a few months...)

By the way, my old OCB had the model code SOC2002R, and my new OCB replacement has SOC2003RS - but it seems like this number is different for everyone in here...

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

They will update eARC I hope.. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options
How will this update be - do you mean in terms of a new Port 3 socket ?
0 Likes