Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 01:00 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

Forums
Reviews
News
Deals
Competitions
Members
Help
Latest activity
Register

TVs News
Samsung's new AI ScaleNet codec supports 8K streaming

Scaling the 8K heights

by Andy Bassett Yesterday at 10:39 AM @ Email
News Discussion (4)
TV news

Content Streaming
Samsung
Samsung's new AI ScaleNet codec supports 8K streaming
There are a number of limiting factors preventing 8K TVs from really catching on at the moment and one is the strain on current network infrastructure created by the extra data that 8K content contains. Samsung now has an answer for that - the AI ScaleNet codec.
Researchers from Samsung Research’s Visual Technology team have developed a codec based on Artificial Intelligence that can deliver 8K content on networks that typically support only 4K speeds, and all without the need for additional infrastructure.

In a press release, Samsung explained that the newly developed AI ScaleNet codec utilizes deep learning technology to minimize data loss during compression and enable 8K content to be streamed on networks with lower bandwidth capabilities.

According to the company, the 8K content is compressed to 4K quality using an AI downscaler and transmitted to the user’s TV, which utilizes AI to upscale the content back to 8K quality.

So as I have being saying from the very start the built in technology within the Samsung 900R should be able to delivery near 8K picture using the A1 processor to upscale.
0 Likes
wray2k
First Poster
Options

hi,

So why cant it do Dolby Atmos and dts-x sound via the one connect to av amp.

0 Likes
MBH1892
First Poster
Options

Can anyone who has the new One Connect box confirm the model number?  I've just bought a QE75Q900R and the One Connect model I have is SOC2002R.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

@MBH1892 wrote:

Can anyone who has the new One Connect box confirm the model number?  I've just bought a QE75Q900R and the One Connect model I have is SOC2002R.

Thanks in advance!

I no longer have my QE65Q900R but I know the model number was SOC2001R,  This was the exchanged unit with port 4 had 2.1 HDMI capability. 

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@Sunny69 wrote:

@MBH1892 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I no longer have my QE65Q900R but I know the model number was SOC2001R,  This was the exchanged unit with port 4 had 2.1 HDMI capability. 

Same here

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

2001R

0 Likes
DiamondGeezer
Apprentice
Options

@wray2k wrote:

hi,

So why cant it do Dolby Atmos and dts-x sound via the one connect to av amp.

The new HDMI eARC connection will be able to do this. Hopefully Samsung will incorporate it via a future firmware update

0 Likes
DiamondGeezer
Apprentice
Options

@dolly82 wrote:

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

I phoned Samsung, they took my details and said the installer would contact me presently.  The installer phoned and asked a couple of questions including was the tv wall mounted.  They took best contact details and said they would phone again to arrange a firm date to replace the One Connect box.  The tv itself is great. The box doesn't get particularly hot, just warm. The 8K videos on YouTube show just what the tv is capable of, and is a clear upgrade in quality from my 4K QLED Samsung

0 Likes
shiplover
Journeyman
Options

Hi, checking if anyone in the Netherlands has received the upgraded HDMI 2.1 box yet. I inquired with Samsung NL on December 8 if I was eligible. The reply was "yes, you are, we are going to send you one asap, keep in mind it could take 5 to 10 work days before delivery'.  I have yet to receive the updgraded one connect box. Anyone out there in NL with similar experience. I have a january 2018 8k Q900R

QE65Q900R
0 Likes
DiamondGeezer
Apprentice
Options
I have the same experience in the UK (waiting for One Connect box). I was told they are waiting for new stock
0 Likes