Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

55" QN700A Neo QLED 8K Rebooting

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 10:12 AM)
Craig81
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

My QN700A has started to reboot itself. The picture goes black then I get the samsung name screen and the picture comes back on. It did this a few times a couple of days ago but last night it did it about 5 times in 30mins.

The one connect box mounted on the back if the tv stand it quite warm to the touch. I have checked for software updates and it is currently on its lasted. I have unplugged it from the wall today to see if that does anything. Apart from doing a factory reset is there anything else I could try?

Tv is less than 12 months old.

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
Options

I have had 2 of this model now, the first one did not work out of the box, the 2nd had the screen replaced due to it rebooting and turning off and it is now doing it again this time after 16 months, I have put in a support request only to be told it is out of warranty and any repairs will have to be paid for. I have escalated the case to the CEO department whatever that is and awaiting a reply. Has anyone had any success getting these things refunded or swapped for a different model after the 12 months ? 

On a side note I popped into my local Curry’s today to look at possible replacements and the newer B model was there on display rebooting itself constantly. Which made me both angry and laugh at the same time. 

Craig81
Journeyman
Options

Only having the TV back for less than a month I have now found a new issue. 

When I have the Game mode on for my Xbox the screen keeps on going black while trying to play a game. I have played around with the setting but it has not fixed the issue. The xbox is out putting at 4k 120hz with HDR enabled. The only way to stop it is to disable game mode.

Am going to have to book it in for another repair! Am not happy with the quality of the this TV.

0 Likes
Rocketman48
Journeyman
Options

It is both genuinely shocking and disgusting how Samsung are treating the owners of the QN700A who have bought their product in good faith. From the vast number of comments on this, their own website, of what is a well known common problem with the model they are surely obliged to do more.  If this was a car it would have had a full factory recall by now.  You expect far far better from a large 'reputable' company like Samsung.  My TV is now on its THIRD repair in 12 months and I suspect that Samsung will play the 'out of warranty' card when the time comes. They discard British consumer laws completely and claim that they only have to offer a repair - all of which is incorrect.  I well NEVER buy anything Samsung ever again.   

0 Likes
JimB222
First Poster
Options

The Repairer turnup and looked at the logs & said it was the cable from the box to the panel… it’s a common fault Samsung know about!!

but the Philippines dragged it out until they decided to send a repairer,…. Still awaiting the cable

0 Likes
Rocketman48
Journeyman
Options

As the moderator for Samsung, can you not read all the comments on here about everyone having the same fault. Sometimes time after time.  Is it unfair to ask that you raise these ongoing complaints with the correct internal department at Samsung. Everyone can't be wrong that this TV has a common fault!  

0 Likes
JimB222
First Poster
Options

Its been a hard battle with the Philippines to get a repairer to turn up. Alot of people are reporting the same issues… if a repairman knows there is a issue with a cable, Samsung also would absolutely know… as they are sending them out under warranty… nearly all my home appliances are Samsung & this dealing over a new model with support has been atrocious & warranty is nearly out….

the logs they seen when they accessed the tv live…. Were alot of errors , same as when the repair man turned up & ordered the cable…. But it hasn’t turned up yet… priority to look after clients that spent thousands on a product that has issues

0 Likes
Tikitel
Student
Options

Did you have any luck with the CEO department? I have the same problem in that my warranty has ran out. I have spent the last 3 hours having to go through the troubleshooting exercises 3 times as kept losing live chat when trying to attach videos and invoice receipts to the chat to then be told the TV is out of warranty. I saved a long time for that TV after having a lot of Samsung products over the last 15 years or so. Can you possibly put a link to the CEO department on here? 

0 Likes
Lloyd11
Apprentice
Options

They repaired it for me and then I sold it! Gotta get rid of that poor quality doomed tv asap!! 

0 Likes
Lloyd11
Apprentice
Options

Get an LG!!

0 Likes
Buzztc
First Poster
Options

I have a 15 month-old 65" 8k neo qled which reboots whenever the source is higher resolution (4k+). After various troubleshooting and a distinct lack of customer service from Samsung I finally got a Samsung technician out today. Apparently the 8k TV screen cannot cope with resolution above 4k. The cost of repair is more than half of the original cost of the TV and comes with only a 2 month warranty. Samsung have been utterly useless in providing assistance - constantly directing me to links which test the screen resolution capacity and pointing to the warranty. Yes, I know it's expired but that doesn't escape the fact that I have an 8k TV unable to play 4k resolution...the concept of false advertising clearly going over Samsungs heads. From earlier feeds it seems some have had luck in getting refunds/replacements but thus far there's no indication that Samsung will accept this is an inferior product and the 8k claim is misleading at best. Won't buy Samsung EVER again!

0 Likes