Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

43" AU8000 Backlight Bleeding

(Topic created on: 27-09-2021 02:41 PM)
TimEllis45
Journeyman
Options

I bought the Samsung crystal 43 inch AU8000 LED LCD Smart TV last week and, at night, I noticed it has quite severe backlight bleeding.

I contacted Samsung through live chat and they had me run Picture Test, Self Diagnosis, TV reset etc..  but the results after all the testing are the same as they were initially - see pics. 

Is this standard with this TV and I just have to put up with it... (I see this issue reported a lot)... or did I get a faulty unit?

tv3.jpgtv2.jpgtv1.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
KK39
Apprentice
Options

I noticed it's mostly visible on netflix and anything dark.

0 Likes
TimEllis45
Journeyman
Options

That's amazing! My TV was just a week old when I first contacted Harvey Norman. Still nothing...

0 Likes
Prasannajit
First Poster
Options

Same issue with 55'' AU8000. Brought on 26th feb 2022, two times replaced the TV but same issue observed in all three TVs.

This seems like issue with the design of the TV. It may be acceptable by Samsung but very annoying experience for us. 

Samsung should take this mode back from market and provide some other model with this issue fixed.

I was a very frequent customer of Samsung product and had trust on the quality of the product. But seems like I have to think now before trusting any product from Samsung.

Very much disappointed.

0 Likes
d3va
First Poster
Options

Last

IMG_20220323_190836.jpg

IMG_20220323_190833.jpg

IMG_20220323_190830.jpg

   

Month i have purchased This TV Same Model Au8000 I am getting Same Problem.

0 Likes
KK39
Apprentice
Options

I contacted Samsung, they sent a technician out to replace the screen, I've had no problems with it since.

Very happy with the help samsung has provided for me with my sons TV.

I'm in Australia just adding that cause all countries fix things differently.

0 Likes
KK39
Apprentice
Options

Get the more expensive model there's no black light bleeding on them.

And they are quality TV's 

I got myself the Q70A model and got my son the cheaper one, he loves his TV now they replaced the screen and there's no light bleeding.

0 Likes
Backlight bleed
First Poster
Options

Have you got your tv screen problem resolved? I am also facing this backlight bleeding problem with my tv.

0 Likes
Frankie12177
Journeyman
Options

Today is November 29th

Last week I bought the 65 au8000 

Look at that light bleed. It was driving me nuts. 

20221126_003909.jpg

At night noticed light bleed. 

Returned this ***. 

Got the 65 Q80B QLED! It's light years ahead of the au8000. It's full array worth the extra 450 dollars. I got mine on sale for $999.99

Trust me go FULL Array if u can. 

0 Likes