Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 The frame 65" automatically turns off in art mode

(Topic created on: 22-05-2022 09:29 AM)
Vegard1
Apprentice
Options

Tried to debug everything I could including:

- Turning off every setting that could affect this behaviour (obviously.. like sleep settings etc)
- Using a separate electrical outlet
- Turning it off for 30 seconds
- Using an ethernet internet cable for a stable connection

Any solution to this? Art mode is the main feature for the frame, wouldn't buy it if I knew this was a known issue among the frame models..

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Vegard1 ,

I know that you have The Frame 2022, not 2020, but this post may help you get this sorted: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-frame-tv-2020-turns-off-unexpectedly-while-in-art-mod...

Vegard1
Apprentice
Options

Resolved it by "hard" resetting the TV, a hidden setting shown to me by remote support assistance. Not sure, but it's probably discoverable on your own if you search for it if you ever come across the same issue... 

In other words - soft resetting, and "market store" resetting didn't help, but the secret hard reset function did the work. 

EDIT: NO - it's back to turning off again. NO IDEA why. Samsung why? This *has* to be a software issue? 

Vegard1
Apprentice
Options

Never mind, it's back to its problematic behavior. Anyone experienced similar things? 
Not gonna go through the process of hard resetting the ***** thing every time it stops working properly. What is causing this? The *whole* idea of getting the frame is the frame functionaliy, when that is as buggy as it is it's not worth the money. 

0 Likes
Vegard1
Apprentice
Options

Ok one last update for now - 

Get this, I got it working again. How? By finding a setting for the art mode that's somehow *not* available from the original TV remote. I initially thought it was weird that the settings button was not "not available" when displaying art, but found other options from the main menu when exitiing art modus. 

Later I discovered the new setting from the mobile app, which somehow had "sleep mode" turned on by default or enabled it accidentally? 

Would be nice if some of Samsung's developers or staff could be made aware of this issue so customer's don't have to go through hours of debugging themselves including tedious calls with customer support. 

0 Likes
Ltaylor
Apprentice
Options

Can you explain how to find this “sleep mode”  I have “night mode” turned on-which I like because it turns off at night, but it seems like the Tv /art turns off if it’s remotely cloudy or at 4pm in the afternoon. 🙄

0 Likes
Ltaylor
Apprentice
Options

I think the “sleep mode” I have set at 2hrs-which basically detects movement in the room correct?  I tried turning that off, I tried turning off night mode, neither worked…ugh 

0 Likes
Vegard1
Apprentice
Options

Use the mobile app to find all "hidden" functions 

0 Likes
Ltaylor
Apprentice
Options

Which mobile app are you speaking of?  The “SmartThings” app or a different app??

Golfsox
First Poster
Options

We just purchased & had installed last week a 65" Samsung Frame.  Love it but we're experiencing the same issue with the art turning off.  Absolutely maddening.  Haven't found a fix yet but will  give the above a try.  Are there any further updates on this issue or has Samsung issued a software update?

0 Likes