Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Frame TV 55 inch - Art Mode will NOT stay on

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 09:28 PM)
Mattyb0914
Apprentice
Options

Hi there -
purchased 2021 Frame 55 inch and have it fully set up.

If relevant (I don’t know) - have Xbox One, Apple TV and Spectrum Cable connected to One Connect.

Art Mode will not stay on. Sometimes it shuts off after 1 minute. Sometimes after 35 minutes.

Sleep After setting is OFF. 
Motion Detector is on HIGH.

Have unplugged from power source. No change.

Have reset factory condition, no change.

Please help - all suggestions welcome!

16 REPLIES 16
Martin Systems
First Poster
Options

Hey Matt, any idea where you found that update?  I've been working with Samsung CI support channel (told me about a software update that still needs to be released) as well as the Samsung support (told me they could credit back the cost of the tv...).  We have several clients that are experiencing this on new 2022 models, with no resolution.  Frustrating to say the least.  

Mattyb0914
Apprentice
Options

Hey Martin Systems - I apologize as I think my feedback earlier on a fix was misleading. I actually had TWO annoying problems with my Frame - the Art Mode won't stay on issue AND lip sync terribly off no matter how much I adjusted the timing of it ahead or behind of picture. 

The ART MODE problem - never received a fix or found any solution other than turning NIGHT MODE off entirely. Art Mode functions normally and I just have to live without the functionality that the TV can turn itself off and on based on people in the room. I don't miss it or notice, and just leave art on all day and turn the TV off entirely at the end of the day. 

The LIP SYNC problem - that is what I have a patch for - a file from a Samsung forum in Australia. Why on earth Samsung didn't push this out to all tv's as an upgrade in software I don't know, but at least I got that solved. If you have that problem I can find a way to share the patch to you, here is more info on it  - https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/QLED-and-The-Frame/Lip-sync-problem-with-my-brand-new-The-Frame-...

Sorry I'm not more helpful!

Matt

0 Likes
Semsgp
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
Semsgp
First Poster
Options

Hi. Could you send the link to the patch. Thanks. 

0 Likes
DominoBear
First Poster
Options

I had this same issue and with the latest firmware that was recently released.

I figured out that my slideshow was ending on one specific photo.   If I attempted to view it with the TV, the Art app crashed.   It doesn't say it crashed, it just send you back to the menu.  

Frame 2022 - 50"

Once I recropped and re-saved the photo, then re-uploaded, all is working good now.

0 Likes
Caign
Student
Options

Can't believe that these issues still exist on 2022 model purchased in January 2023:

1. TV switching off in Art Mode - night mode needs light level threshold and/or set times.
  2. Motion does not switch TV on, even if night mode is disabled.

Frame software version T-PTMUABC-1420.9IST_ENERGY, controller version 2.ER05.0116, up to date at 2-Feb-2023.

These features were reasons why I purchased. False advertising is a valid reason for return & refund according to Australian consumer law.

Poor form that these problems have not been addressed in nearly two years.

Additionally, I expected the ambient light to change the brightness, similar to how the ambient light in a room affects a painting.

Samsung, what's happening to resolve these problems?

Caign
Student
Options

Update 24-Mar-2023:

1. Ambient light does appear to change the brightness after all, my mistake. Great feature.
  2. My motion sensor appears to be faulty, possibly explaining why motion did not switch TV on. Unfortunately, now it does not turn off anymore, after sleep time has expired and with no motion in room and motion sensitivity set to Low.

It's taken two solid months of liaising with tech support and having a technician visit. Early troubleshooting actually caused a number of new problems, which were gradually resolved one by one. The motherboard was swapped out, solving a new problem of Art Mode exiting after exactly 30 seconds. Now I'm back to the original problem with the motion sensor, but this part is not currently available, so Samsung has offered to replace the TV with a new one or provide a refund, at my option. What do you think I should do?

0 Likes