Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Frame TV 55 inch - Art Mode will NOT stay on

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 09:28 PM)
Mattyb0914
Apprentice
Options

Hi there -
purchased 2021 Frame 55 inch and have it fully set up.

If relevant (I don’t know) - have Xbox One, Apple TV and Spectrum Cable connected to One Connect.

Art Mode will not stay on. Sometimes it shuts off after 1 minute. Sometimes after 35 minutes.

Sleep After setting is OFF. 
Motion Detector is on HIGH.

Have unplugged from power source. No change.

Have reset factory condition, no change.

Please help - all suggestions welcome!

16 REPLIES 16
kdyskin
Student
Options

Same problem, 2021 Frame 65. Nothing connected to One Connect, just the panel. Sleep after is also OFF, but I tried setting it. Motion detection is also on HIGH. TV stays on in Art Mode for as long as it detects motion in the room. Once it's off it never comes back on when there is motion in the room. Night mode doesn't work either.

Nick_W1
Apprentice
Options

I have the 55” 2021 Frame TV, and I find that if the light level is too low in the room, the night mode sensor turns art mode off. By too low, I mean normal illumination levels for 9:00pm at night with a center light and two lamps on in the room.

Shining a flashlight on the sensor turns art mode back on (for a few minutes) - and turning night mode off prevents art mode from turning off, so it’s definitely a light sensor problem.

There should be some way of adjusting the night mode sensitivity (like there is for the motion sensitivity). I mean, I want the art mode to turn off when its almost completely dark - but not when its just night time and we have the lights on.

For now, I’ll just have to use home automation to turn the tv art mode on and off using my external light sensors (which I do have control of).

Seems like such a fundamental oversight for an expensive TV though.

Just had a thought, I did notice that when we added the “modern teak” bezel to the TV, the art mode dimmed slightly - so maybe the magnetic frame obscures the light sensor slightly, making the tv think that it’s darker in the room than it actually is.

Could be Samsung never tested the light sensor sensitivity with the different frames attached - the colour/type of frame might affect light sensitivity. Possibly another oversight…

Chris65
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue did you ever receive a solution to this?

kdyskin
Student
Options

As Nick_W1 explained, most likely this is caused by night mode (light sensor). Once I disabled the night mode and only had motion sensor on TV finally started working the way I would expect, i.e. turns on and stays on if it detects motion in the room and turns off when there is no motion. I too have teak bezel on the TV, but I purchased it at the same time I purchased the TV and put it on right away, so haven't had a chance to experiment without teak bezel.

Mattyb0914
Apprentice
Options

Turn off Night Mode. I can't use that function at all. I can only guess (as others have posited) that Samsung can't program the TV for all the variable light conditions within our homes... hopefully there is a software patch for this in the future but nothing other than turning off that feature helped to keep Art Mode functioning overall. 

Nick_W1
Apprentice
Options

I disabled Night Mode. This resolved the issue of art mode turning off.

I then used my existing home automation system (OpenHAB) to implement a functioning Night Mode replacement.

Matt M
First Poster
Options

Same issue, just bought my TV about 60 days ago. None of the suggested work arounds on Samsung support made a difference.

Mattyb0914
Apprentice
Options

Hey Matt - there is a fix for it, although incredibly wonky. (Wonky seems to be the Samsung way). You will have to download a software patch for this to a flash drive and insert it into the back of the One Drive box. It was last summer, but I searched these forums for the link for the updated patch. (You would think they would auto-push the solve to our TV?) Sorry if only partially helpful!

Fex_HH
First Poster
Options

Hi @Nick_W1, how exactly did you implement the control of the night mode/art mode? What control interface and commands are you using?