Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Frame TV Art Mode Mount issue

(Topic created on: 17-08-2019 05:00 PM)
DavidH81
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

Just bought a 2019 Frame TV and I'm after some help - I've uploaded a few photos from my mobile to use in art mode but, except for one, they all have no options for using the Modern mount, only the horrid Shadowbox mount! One of my photos does show this option but the rest don't, despite them all being from the same device. The one that works wasn't resized to 16:9 so squished the image, I resized it and now it doesn't show the option to use the Modern mount which is annoying. I've uploaded other 16:9 images and they don't show the option either. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Dave

45 REPLIES 45
vandenbrakel
Explorer
Options

Thanks, can you send that resized image to me via PM? I don't have a Android device so it's hard to test. I will try and get one soon. 

0 Likes
rohitverma141
First Poster
Options

Sent . Kindly check and help to figure out a solution if possible. 

0 Likes
Stuartino
First Poster
Options

As an iPhone user. Make sure you use 300 ppi and not dpi, they are very different things. Do the sizing as above and it will work. We found saving the image as 118.1 dpi works every time. There is a conversion of 2.54

0 Likes
thomas96c
First Poster
Options

Great app. Thanks. It saved my from further hours of frustration trying to get pics onto my tv. 

Gavinda
First Poster
Options

This shadow mount issue is driving me crazy. There is no logic. 

Using Photoshop, I created a jpg file at 7860 x 4320 pixels, 300 dpi. That worked!

Even though previous images that worked were 16:9 (the same as above), but different sizes.

Ideally the 'smart' TV would work on bluetooth, and give you the option to crop the image to fit the screen. 
That's pretty basic technology now.... 

0 Likes
Mars24
Apprentice
Options

I just came across this today - a tool to auto crop images for you. 

Thought it might be helpful to someone!

https://decotvframes.com/pages/image-to-art-converter-for-samsung-the-frame?utm_campaign=Samsung%20F...

0 Likes