Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 82" QLED firmware 1401 update now has surround sound issues HELP!

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 12:45 PM)
Foz
Apprentice
Options

Since my QE82Q70RAT received 1401 update a few days ago my Samsung HT-BD 1255 no longer works with the TV, I select receiver in sound settings but it switches back to TV speakers as i come out of the menu. Is this a bug? Has worked fine until this update, very disappointed that firmware gets released without fully testing.

What can i do to resolve this?

122 REPLIES 122
Michael Digital
Explorer
Options

I found this in another thread:

Hello.

There has been a service software update issued with some fix regarding HDMI ARC. Please use the below URL to download the USB upgrade image. Also please note that this is not a regular update so use it only if You have problems related to audio and/or HDMI ARC. Good luck and please let me know if it helped.

https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&OriginYN=N&Model...

this version is used by Samsung service centers across the world to fix some problems related to HDMI ARC. I was allowed to share it with You by our (Samsung) headquarters.

This version is for the EU and the UK however the US would require a different USB software upgrade file since this one will not install on any US model.

What do you think?

Justin Green
Explorer
Options

Thank you for finding. If it works for your model, your region, and if official patch issues by Samsung then that is great news. I am US region and a different model series. I hope they do address for my model soon.
Bigger issue sadly is Samsung’s integrity is shot, not due to the bug its self, but the handling and lack of communication. 

0 Likes
ez405
Apprentice
Options

Great to see that some fixes are finally rolling out. Hopefully the US version is available soon.

The work around of holding the power button on the remote is starting to wear thin.

0 Likes
PzSniper
Explorer
Options

Great find, i'm in Eu and my model is T-MSMDEUC 1401.01 BT- S but his file doesn't work... 😞

When i insert  USB say there's no updates, i've put the main root the folder T-MSMDEUC and SWU_AUTO_FLAG file

@JAMES4578

Michael Digital
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
DrSlump1
Explorer
Options

Maybe the update files are region locked....  and maybe that the same update will come for european tv model as well...

0 Likes
TMc1908
Journeyman
Options

I've been having issues with no sound when switching between sources since end of August. First it was only affecting my Virgin Media (cable box), ended up getting retailer to send a tech to come and replace one connect motherboard, under extended warranty, no fix. Then Virgin replaced their box, no fix. Started playing around with the settings; turning input signal plus off (been on since bought TV) seemed to help. 

Since discovered the 1401 firmware issues and my TV has indeed got that software. I've downloaded and updated to 1409 to see if it fixes it....it doesn't. Still can't have input signal plus on the inputs and have to hold power button and reset TV everytime switch inputs or use Prime/Netflix apps on TV! 

What a joke Samsung 👎🏻 let us roll back to a stable working FW

helicon9
Apprentice
Options

Same here, issues with no sound on Virgin V6 TV box.
Also built in apps on TV have problems, especially Netflix which seems to default to PCM instead of Dolby Digital + causing issues with Atmos.
I have RU7400 2019 on 1401 in the UK. 
The 1409 that was posted in this thread isn't recognised by my TV.
The one posted is T-MSMDEUC but my TV is T-MSLDEUC.

Samsung, you need to fix this ASAP, it's a joke!

0 Likes
steini81
Student
Options

Samsung QE75Q70RAT, update 1401. Same problem. Loses audio on my Xbox series X when switching from games with surround to games without surround. Only solution is switching HDMI slot. This forces samsung tv to new setup. I have to do this everytime I loose audio. 

Audio works in headset which is directly connected to xbox. 

Have tried several HDMI cables. 

0 Likes
Michael Digital
Explorer
Options

Hello steini81.

1st workaround: hold power off on the remote for 5 second's. 

2nd workaround: turn off HDR in Xbox settings. (Seems to work only with RU tv Models)

3rd workaround: turn off 4:2:2 Croma in Xbox settings. I found this out yesterday. Could only work with my tv model too.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes