Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 QE49Q7FAM

(Topic created on: 06-10-2023 12:08 PM)
Hobsie
First Poster
Options

Anyone familiar with this model will know it has a separate box through which the power, the Internet, and the aeriel are connected. Recently, it started switching itself off and on again - repeatedly if left. Then it would be fine for a week or so, and then would do it again.

We concluded that the box must be the problem, not the screen, which is merely a monitor. So we invested in a secondhand box and guess what? It does exactly the same thing I’m assuming this is a common problem with this model – can anyone confirm? Still better, does anyone have a solution? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
AFAIK one connect boxes are set specific so no surprise the used ine didn't work. Best to get the original repaired.
0 Likes
Hobsie
First Poster
Options

to begin with it was the original ‘pairing’ that failed, and the replacement is doing exactly the same thing. Are you seriously suggesting that they made only one box for every screen, and not lots of screens and identical boxes? I find that hard to imagine. It would be so much more unnecessary and expensive.

0 Likes
Ruthxd
Apprentice
Options

I’ve got a similar problem although my tv is now not working at all. I have replaced box, cable, remote but no difference. If I were you, I’d cut to the chase before you lose any more connectivity and factory reset the tv. I believe the issue is with a software update but I left my ‘quirky’ tv until now it is too bad and I can’t get to Settings and support is very sketchy. A reset will enable any updates to load and they have resolved this issue, in further updates. Hope this suggestion might help.

0 Likes
shaanshaikh
First Poster
Options

Hi, mine is doing exactly the same thing. I bought it 3 months ago like used. Then sudenly it turn of and turn back on so i ignore it, then next week it continously doing the same thing like keep turning on and off  without showing anything on the screen. When i remove the one connect box just to check that if it is something wrong with the screen or its a connect box but then i see a sign on a TV asking to connect one box so i make my mind clear that its a connect box not a TV but as soon i plug in so it start doing on and off again. I keep my TV off for a week and then after that i turn it on just to check and i shocked that it works fine for 1 day and then next day start doing the same thing again.. Seriously.. 

0 Likes