Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv not working

(Topic created on: 04-10-2023 02:46 PM)
Herbsman
First Poster
Options
HELP....TV not working 😕 Red light comes on and flashing but nothing is on the screen. Tv is 3 years old. 
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Herbsman  A flashing red light generally indicates a problem with internal component or power. check you have the latest firmware on Samsung support?   Are your connections secure,could try disconnecting/reconnecting the  the cables, can you try another socket to see if that makes any difference.  If by any chance you are using a surge protector sometimes there can be an issue there. See  further information here but may well need  further investigation. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/my-tv-wont-turn-on/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Webbybob
First Poster
Options

It turns out that these issues are shorting pixel circuits within the screen and it can only be fixed by searching for the shorted circuit and masking it with tape which resolves issue but with minor screen imperfections.  Seems to happen just after 2 years.  Why Samsung are not being forced to have a recall on these screens is beyond me so we will never buy Samsung again.  They need to own up and make it right.  3 members of my family Ali e have had this issue and the tvs are un fixable. 

0 Likes