Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£2000 for new TVs yet they only have 4 HDMI Ports!?

(Topic created on: 04-08-2020 02:57 PM)
D382H
Apprentice
Options

I am confused by the fact that Samsung wants £2000 for their new TVs yet, continues to expect that we also be prepared to buy a 3rd party HDMI Switch which, potentially, for gamers could introduce quality degradation and latency issues.

NO! 

This is 2020! This is NOT acceptable!

Devices that I need a HDMI Port for:

1. PS5

2. PS4 Pro

3. XBONE 

4. XBOSEX 

5. Nintendo Switch 

6. Chromecast

7.  Soundboard

8. PC/Laptop 

9. Satellite TV 

10. Fibre Optic TV

At present Samsung refuses to include 8 HDMI Ports on the TV or their SmartHub device!

This is anti consumer!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@D382H: Sorry to hear of your disappointment, however I don't think there is currently a TV on the market by any manufacturer that features 8 HDMI ports. Although I appreciate that you have multiple devices to connect, the best course of action would be to use a HDMI switch to increase the number of available inputs. 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

I agree with this. Only three on my 2019 TV. I have 4 on my 9 year old LG TV plus 2 scarts, vga, headphone, seperate coax video and audio out/in.

This modern Samsung has HDMI and component input and that's it. 

I understand most of the inputs I mentioned are old hat, but that's because they've made way for HDMI therefore more inputs are required.

Come on Samsung its a tech world, as well you know. 

D382H
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew,

So... a major corporation w/ billions of pounds that is international in scope can't add 4 additional HDMI Ports onto the Smart Hub which, itself, is already an external Switch device because "no one else is doing it"? Really? That's your response? You could easily remedy this by adding the additional ports and legacy connections as an optional extra for a slightly higher price and it would be purpose built to run smoothly w/ the TV I am paying £2,000.00 for preventing latency or other image and audio quality issues!

But, I guess Samsung has decided that the customers are disposable or you no longer want our money? 🤔

We could pay you directly extra money for the gamer's Expanded Smart Hub which means you get all my money or I wait until the TV is at a rock bottom price and pay someone else for a solution that you ignored.

0 Likes
D382H
Apprentice
Options

See, this is the thing, back in the day, older TVs kept legacy ports because they knew gamers would want to use them (especially if you want to play older Sony titles or even older tech) but, Samsung can't even offer a decent number of HDMI 4K UHD HDR ports for current and next gen tech! In 2020! 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🙄

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

As far as I'm aware, this isn't something that our Development Team are working on. But I can certainly pass this feedback on for you. 

Welcome to the Community!

D382H
Apprentice
Options
Hi DannyT,

Thanks 🙇🏻‍♂️ but, this isn't the first time I've brought this to your (Samsung's) attention and yet, several years later, still you only offer a 4 HDMI port option for your latest and greatest TVs... the problem is that, as gamers are becoming a much larger part of your consumer base, 4 ports simply aren't enough and your listed specs for your TVs are becoming more ambiguous like, Mega Contrast... that could mean anything whereas, the previous 1,000,000:1 actually indicated the contrast ratio in an easy to understand format.

Bottom line is that you could make a separate Smart Hub for those of us needing additional HDMI ports and Legacy connections (Scart, Component, UHF, Serial, DVI, VGA, etc.) that could even work with older TVs through a firmware update.

Samsung leads the world on TV quality as well as mobile devices but, this one thing could put you ahead of the curve against your competitors.
0 Likes