Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1520.7 and Sonos issue

(Topic created on: 02-10-2023 02:38 PM)
daidalus
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Since the latest 1520.7 update my sonos beam connects to my TV through eARC only when i remove the power plug from both devices, and then it lasts until i turn off both devices. Next time i power on my TV, sonos is not connected anymore.

My TV is QN90b, sonos is beam 2. I also have a nvidia shield pro connected to one of the hdmi ports. I tried removing shield completely or disabling CEC, no results. I messed around with settings on the TV and sonos but again nothing.

Keep in mind the same set up was working fine for a year. Everything started with the latest firmware from SONOS(15.8) and SAMSUNG (1520.7). I contacted SONOS and they are blaming SAMSUNG. It's more then 2 weeks which my set up is unusable, and no updates from both companies.

Does anyone have similar issues?

107 REPLIES 107
Ulrichhesse
Pathfinder
Options

I am sorry, even with latest Sonos firmware this morning again no more connection. Seam’s to be a hardware fault in the Samsung TV

Jamesb2k
Explorer
Options

I am also on 1520 and the latest Beam firmware and experiencing this every day.

PixelDreams
Explorer
Options

To check in with everyone, I have been speaking to Sonos customer support & Samsung about this.

Samsung claim there is no issue (typical), Sonos have advised it is a known issue and is being worked on by Sonos & Samsung. I'm inclined to trust Sonos as so far their customer service has been great.

I've sent diagnostics to Sonos when the system is both functioning and experiencing the issue, and they confirmed it's not a hardware fault and is the same issue being experienced by others. If i hear anything back I'll update here.

PixelDreams
Explorer
Options

Heya, I have that exact version but still have the same issue. Are you able to double check the version, build and hardware version on your beam? i would really appreciate it.

0 Likes
PixelDreams
Explorer
Options

FYI it looks like it came out 17th October and my system updates automatically overnight, my system definitely still had the issue between Tuesday and Friday this week, be interesting to see if that fixed it for you?

0 Likes
Echoesoffloyd
Pioneer
Options

Sorry all the reply notifications from community going in to junk folder.

Still having issues but a power cycle fixes it and i now unplug all equipment from the wall at night.

0 Likes
PixelDreams
Explorer
Options

Grab yourself a smart plug and it might temporarily fix the issue.

I've set a routine for the smart plug to turn my sonos beam gen 2 off and on again at 4pm every day, so far it's been connected each evening I have got home from work.

I have some TP-link kasa plugs and I have just used their app to set the routine.

ihadnoidea
First Poster
Options

Any news? It seems, that the problem is quite common.

Beam 2+Sub with Samsung GQ65QN91BATXZG (1520)

0 Likes
Echoesoffloyd
Pioneer
Options

Hi PixelDreams, not quite a smart plug but I've purchased a remote controlled socket, far easier than reaching under a shelf to unplug every night and belting my head🫤

Have you had any feedback from Sonos after sending logs?

1000007026.jpg

1000007027.jpg

•   
0 Likes
PixelDreams
Explorer
Options

No update yet but talking via email. They are still looking into it.

It’s also worth noting, using the Sonos optical to HDMI converter does seem to fix the issue entirely, although you don’t get Dolby Atmos etc. 

As the optical to HDMI converter fixes the problem with the same HDMI cable, it would solidify my thoughts that the issue is with the TV and not the Sonos or the HDMI cable.