Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1520.7 and Sonos issue

(Topic created on: 02-10-2023 02:38 PM)
daidalus
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Since the latest 1520.7 update my sonos beam connects to my TV through eARC only when i remove the power plug from both devices, and then it lasts until i turn off both devices. Next time i power on my TV, sonos is not connected anymore.

My TV is QN90b, sonos is beam 2. I also have a nvidia shield pro connected to one of the hdmi ports. I tried removing shield completely or disabling CEC, no results. I messed around with settings on the TV and sonos but again nothing.

Keep in mind the same set up was working fine for a year. Everything started with the latest firmware from SONOS(15.8) and SAMSUNG (1520.7). I contacted SONOS and they are blaming SAMSUNG. It's more then 2 weeks which my set up is unusable, and no updates from both companies.

Does anyone have similar issues?

106 REPLIES 106
Raus1
Pioneer
Options

Hi, please report this issue in the topic I've opened to collect all the faults found after update 1520.7 (August 2023).

1520.7 bugs 

With the hope that in this way we will give more strength to our complaints and Samsung will take action as soon as possible.

Echoesoffloyd
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I have almost the same issue with my Samsung QN90B and Sonos Beam 2 plus Sub Mini. I've tried disabling CEC on the Amazon Firestick 4K  because I thought it was that causing the problem as it was around the same time as i started using it. that didn't work so I purchased a CEC Free HDMI adapter, that worked  for about a week then it all started again. I have started to Unplug everything form the wall at night now and it seems to reset it all and be ok for most of the time but I really don't think we should have to do this.

I've also tried to connect the Toslink Optical adapter supplied by Sonos but its so tight on the back of the TV I can't get it to go in properly so unable to say if a optical connection would work or not.

I hadn't tought about the firmware 1520.7  to be honest but that could well have been when it started.

Following this with great interest.

Ulrichhesse
Pathfinder
Options

The problem happened even on 1430 before Updating to 1520 and after 1430 had been running with Sonos beam 2 a long time without problems. 

Seems to be a hardware issue. 

When the hdmi connection does not work, sometimes the beam 2 is identified as „Receiver“ by the qn90b, but does not play any sound on the beam 2, and after some seconds automatically change the sound to the tv build in speaker.
The optical HDMI adapter is a little too small, but can be placed into the qn90b. Make sure to put in in the right direction

You loose Dolby  Atmos and other formats , but it works

PixelDreams
Explorer
Options

Hi, hopefully you're still keeping an eye on this thread?

I have the identical issue to you, down to having an nvidia shield pro connected, beam gen 2, but a Samsung QE55Q80BATXXU.

My setup worked fine for just under a year, this issue started out of the blue few weeks ago and it is infurating. I find it extremely hard to believe it is a hardware issue when literally nothing has been touched, or moved, in almost a year.

Have you had any luck fixing the problem? I've tried everything you have and haven't had any luck.

Ulrichhesse
Pathfinder
Options

The QN90b´s is well known for their buggy und faulty HDMI Boards.
I am pretty convinced, it is damaged, there is nothing, you can do except change the HDMI ports by Samsung. I don't´ do it, because I have no time and the optical cable gives me a good solution.
I would be glad to hear it would be only a firmware bug.
But how could this be, when:

1.) Many months with 1430 there was not one problem with the Sonos Beam2 connected with eARC HDMI

2.) The last days with 1430 suddenly Sonos eARC HDMI doesn't work any more
3.) At 1520 nothing has changed, doesn't work 

4.) on the Sonos side, there was no Firmware update the whole time.

5.) The HDMI cable is a very good one and wasn't touched the whole time

0 Likes
daidalus
Apprentice
Options

Hi, it was a Sonos firmware issue actually. Newest one yesterday or the day before solved it.

0 Likes
Ulrichhesse
Pathfinder
Options

Which Build do you have on the Sonos Beam2?

I have Version S2, 15.9 (Build 75146030)
Beam ist pluged optically. So i don't know, if this version is the newest?

Is it the version that should work?

0 Likes
daidalus
Apprentice
Options

I had optical also, but as soon as I saw 15.9 moved to earc HDMI and worked without plugging/unplugging everything. This was 2 days ago. Truth be told I didn't recheck since then but will do as soon as I go home 

0 Likes
Ulrichhesse
Pathfinder
Options

Just tried a at the moment it is running!!

0 Likes