Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

USB-C headphones jack not supported?

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 04:26 PM)
PJ51UK
Explorer
Options
Got a weird one, I use an USB-C headphones jack for my headphones which is an special hearing ***** hook so I can use it for my hearing *****. 

If plug in the white jack no error messages however as soon as I put my headphones in, it says the connected usc isn't supported.

This is my only headphones I use with my hearing *****, any advice on getting it to work please? 

Cover image

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Make sure your USB-C to 3.5mm adaptor has a dac built in. If it hasn't you will get the error not supported.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
PJ51UK
Explorer
Options
Hmmmm **** is a i d s .*****.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @PJ51UK ,

I would love to help you get this sorted. May I ask what Tablet and software version are you using and if you are plugging the headset directly into the USB-C port on the Tab or of you are using an adapter?

The Tablet model and software version can be found from the phone Settings> About Tab, then tap Software information.

PJ51UK
Explorer
Options
The model is Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra.
Software information is android 13 with One UI 5.0
It is an adapter, which is an USB-C to 3.5mm. My 3.5mm headphones is plugged into this and then into the USB which then gives the error
0 Likes
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Make sure your USB-C to 3.5mm adaptor has a dac built in. If it hasn't you will get the error not supported.
PJ51UK
Explorer
Options
Not sure if it does, I mean I got it couple of years ago for my tab s5e
0 Likes
PJ51UK
Explorer
Options
Hi, I got myself a new USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, ensuring it's has the DAC chip in it and happy to report it's working.

Many thanks for this advice!
PaulM1
Options

That's brilliant, @PJ51UK. Thanks very much for keeping us updated. 👍

0 Likes
Keith_R_B
First Poster
Options

A similar problem has just occured - My wife and I have A53 phones - she has been using a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter successfully for some months - today she installed the latest update and now we get the 'Device Not Supported' message. So it appears that the adaptor does have a DAC chip (otherwise it wouldn't have worked up until now). So is it the update? Suggestions please 🙂

0 Likes
yasjooni
First Poster
Options
Make sure USB Debugging is turned on.
0 Likes