Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tabs6 wont work with Dex for PC with Windows 10 Pro

(Topic created on: 21-12-2019 05:30 PM)
Akkk
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

I have the galaxy Tab s6. Great tablet but i have issues with Dex for pc. I have installed the dex application on the pc, as well as smart switch, samsung usb drivers and i also have usb debbuging enabled. I ve tried everything but samsung dex does not detect that the tablet is connected. I tried all the usb ports but nothing happens and uninstalling and reinstalling everything

Also i have tried everything on a second pc but still no result. I dont know what else to try.

Any ideas?

Thank you

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options
@Akkk: In order to connect to an external display you need a USB-C to HDMI adapter and HDMI cable. Once connect, please go to Settings > Advanced Features > Samsung Dex > Auto Start when HDMI is connected, and this will launch Dex as soon as the connection is detected.
0 Likes
Akkk
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your answer,

I know that i can connect the tablet with Hdmi cable. The problem that i have is when i am trying to connect the tablet with the usb-C to usb-A cable with the dex application for pc. It seems that a lot of users have this issue. I hope samsung can find a solution soon because its a very useful feature. 

0 Likes
Solution
N1NJA-TH3ORY
Explorer
Options

@Akkk wrote:

Thank you for your answer,

I know that i can connect the tablet with Hdmi cable. The problem that i have is when i am trying to connect the tablet with the usb-C to usb-A cable with the dex application for pc. It seems that a lot of users have this issue. I hope samsung can find a solution soon because its a very useful feature. 

It will not work with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 as DeX for PC is not supported on the Tab S6, it's only supported on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 range and Samsung Galaxy S10 range as it works perfectly with my Note 10 + 5G but not my Tab S6!

N1NJA-TH3ORY
Explorer
Options
DeX for PC is available on selected devices (including Note10/Note10+ and S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G depending on software compatibility), and on Windows 7, 10 and versions of Mac OS higher than 10.13.
Visit the FAQ page for a full list of device and software compatibility.
** DRM protected content may not be displayed correctly.
*** DeX for PC service requires PC app download.
0 Likes
N1NJA-TH3ORY
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
This is bad. Samsung should enable this on the galaxy tablet. Not sure why this got marked as solved.
When software works for a phone - why can it not work on the tablet? Given that Dex works fantastic on this tablet - just not with other devices.
xAnasazi
First Poster
Options

Would be great if this gets fixed.

0 Likes
N1NJA-TH3ORY
Explorer
Options

@xAnasazi wrote:

Would be great if this gets fixed.

Hasn't the latest update fixed this issue? I'm sure it has ? Please make sure smartswitch is not running, I will check just updating my Note 10 + 5G soon as that's done I'll check if the tab s6 works with dex on Windows 10 Pro! 

0 Likes
N1NJA-TH3ORY
Explorer
Options

15922423368913474442906407656514.jpg

Yeah it won't work via USB to laptop only will work if you got a HDMI dock ugreen one's are brilliant!

0 Likes