Did you mean: 

tab s7+ stuck in Android Recovery when restart after adding user

(Topic created on: 21-10-2020 02:27 AM)
Joonohh
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

I just got the new tab s7+ yesterday.

After i set it up with me being the primary user(admin), i added 2 new users for my sons.

And after that whenever i restart the tablet, it won't start after Samsung logo, and goes into Android Recovery.

At this point, i cannot do anything but do factory reset and have to go through the set up again. 

I already tried multiple times with this scenario and it crashes every time.

I even tried with restricted user and same result.

I tried not adding new users after the set up, and then it won't crash if i restart the tablet.

I do not have any 3rd party app installed.

I checked for any software update, but there is none.

This is what the rescue summary says after it crashes after restart:

FATAL EXCEPTOIN IN SYSTEM PROCESS: main
java.lang.NullPointerException Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean.com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.detectSafeMode()' on a null obejct reference

?at com.android.server.SystemServer.startOtherServices(SystemServer.java:2215)

?at com.android.server.SystemServer.run(SystemServer.java:899)

?at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

?at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:496)

?at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1078)

13 REPLIES 13
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Joonohh 

Did you manage to resolve this issue or are you still having the same problem?

0 Likes
Joonohh
Journeyman
Options

I am still having the same problem.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Can you please send us an error report attaching the Tab log after this happened so our developers can have a look into this? You can do this from Samsung Members> Get help> Scroll down until you see Send feedback (under FAQ)> Error report.

0 Likes
Joonohh
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately, when this happens, which is stuck in Android Recovery, i can only do factory reset or view rescue log.

when i do factory reset, all the error log will be gone.

I already did send Error Report from Samsung Members app.  

I think you can easily reproduce this b/c I can do it easily.
I just finish the initial set up by logging into my google and samsung account, and then i add user(s) (or restricted user), then i do restart, then in Android Recovery.  

Joonohh
Journeyman
Options

any update on this?

0 Likes
BenTj
Student
Options

I want to confirm the exact same problem happen in Samsung S5e that I just buy on 10 Oct 2020 , once you add multi user and try to reboot will 100% fail to boot up with same error message android.jpg

Without Multi User added reboot have no issue at all, once adding multi user and reboot you will stuck at recovery and only can recover by doing reset factory default.

SAMSUNG!!!!!! please fix this issue I want to share my tablet with my family now I cant do that

BenTj
Student
Options

Hope this can help report.... this issue also exists on Samsung tablet S5e ..... 

android.jpg

Joonohh
Journeyman
Options

any update?

0 Likes
Joonohh
Journeyman
Options

did you get it to work?  I logged this error in Samsung Members app, and they said they couldn't reproduce it and told me to update to the lastest kernel, which i'm not sure how to.  i just checked for any update, but i didn't see any.

0 Likes