Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGT (SM-515 LTE 10.1) - Phone Number Display Issues

(Topic created on: 28-04-2020 03:18 PM)
Gore1
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I am having problems getting my tab to display my phone number within settings. Having discussed this issue with my service provider it was agreed the problem is with my device. Whether I store my number to sim card or contacts as the default user, my number never displays within the (about tablet) section of settings? Any ideas appreciated!

bae0e74f-7f0e-425e-9fbf-c783f510a66a.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@Gore1: In instances like this, the tablet reads the temporary or previous number assigned to the SIM, which is why it has listed your current number as 'unknown'. This information cannot currently be amended due to how the Android operating system registers a number to the device. The issue may be resolved in a future Android software update, but until then rest assured that it has no effect on your device's functionality.
0 Likes
Gore1
First Poster
Options

I don't quite understand. As my sim arrived as new with my current number actually in operation when using it in my device, surely the tablet should read the actual number which does exist? Either way, as suggested by a Samsung chat advisor earlier, are you saying there is no need to do a factory hard reset to solve the problem?

0 Likes