Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s5e wifi issue on Android 10

(Topic created on: 01-09-2020 07:49 PM)
Jackthelad
Journeyman
Options

Ever since the update to Android 10 on July 1st, every time my tablet screen is switched off the wifi will also switch off on the tablet. I've been through all the settings including the developer options and I can't see anyway to stop this. I've reset my settings too, but to no avail. I've had to download an app on the Play Store to keep the wifi on.

Is this a bug or an intended feature of Android 10? And does anyone have any idea how to fix it, other than with a permanently running background app?

127 REPLIES 127
Larches
Explorer
Options

That sounds horribly familiar. I keep meaning to raise a support ticket, although I'm pretty sure I know how it will play out... a painful Q&A to rule out config errors, user stupidity, etc etc - followed by "please perform a factory reset" - followed by "you'll need to return the device for repair". That would be a major p.i.t.a. having to wipe it and have no tablet for however long it takes to get it looked at, not sure if I'd ever see the device or indeed screen protector ever again, or quite possibly I'd just get it back in the same state as I sent it because it happened to work OK in the test workshop. Hope I'm not being overly cynical / pessimistic there.

0 Likes
Tabletwoes
Apprentice
Options

I have had my S5e two days -  this thing has a really odd internet bug. Randomly half my apps will just lose web access. It has happened twice and different apps each time.  This time rightmove, paypal and some others said they were not connected, yet speedtest and chrome worked just fine. The last time, Asda and chrome lost connection but Tesco and ebay worked just fine. I tried wifi on/off, removing wifi network and re-adding, the only thing that would fix this is to restart the tablet.  I can't help but think this is related to the issue here, I've never ever known a tablet or phone just lose connection for some apps at a time when the internet connection otherwise appears OK.

Larches
Explorer
Options

Sounds like an even more unstable version of what I've been seeing with certain apps losing connectivity whilst others are fine - I thought the common theme (in my case) might have been apps that somehow depended on Google Play services, but I'm not sure. Also wondered if it was anything to do with having multiple user profiles, as what works on one profile often doesn't work on the other, at least until I reboot the tablet. It's all very disappointing, especially for a device of this grade. I don't know where you bought yours, but if it was direct from Samsung then don't forget they offer a free 28-day no-quibble return policy, so you've got a while to decide whether you can live with it or not. Unfortunately I've had mine longer than that, or otherwise I'd have been inclined to send it back.

0 Likes
Allan10
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same I same on a S5E tab after android 10 update. When booting comes up with no wifi. But interface says wifi is on. Turn off turn back on wifi and it returns with wifi on and connects.

0 Likes
Allan10
First Poster
Options

also once wifi is on and tab is reboot wifi is there. But have unit off overnight and problem comes back. No wifi on boot and must turn off and then on again to get wifi to turn on. Only accured right after android 10 update.

Also noted today booted with no wifi. I restarted tablet with the restart button and when it rebooted there was wifi and it connected.

0 Likes
Ofiaich
Pioneer
Options

I have reported this to Samsung using their chat and went through all the nonsense again. They wanted an engineer to come out so I said engineer has been, has performed all of your recommended checks and states it's an Android 10 issue and Samsung needs to program a fix/patch.

Please keep reporting to Samsung! 

Ofiaich! 

David876
Student
Options

also have a Wi-Fi issue on my tab s5e since the Android 10 update.  I also have an issue with Wi-Fi since the Tab s5e Android 10 update. After boot up the Wi-Fi is showing as on but with no network I have to switch the Wi-Fi off and on again and then I'm back to normal. This is very frustrating,  maybe Samsung will fix this issue with another update!

Sealguru
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue.  I hope there is a fix in the works.

0 Likes
Gentle_Sociopath
First Poster
Options

Go to Settings-About_tablet-Software_information; Many taps to Build_number for turning on developer mode; Back to main menu and go to Developer_options; Find - WiFI_scan_trottling and turn it off. Done

Boothy99
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for that advice Gentle_Sociopath. Just turned the toggle off and will let you know how it goes (currently on holiday, so will test fully ASAP). Having now read around it since seeing your post  - I'm hopeful it's sorted  👍

0 Likes