Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab 5e (SM-T720) No internet for random apps after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 18-10-2020 05:57 PM)
Hattuma
Journeyman
Options

After the Android 10 update random apps do not have an internet connection while others have and work fine.  I have two user profiles on my tablet and the problem could be related to a profile switch. And within one user profile I have an additonal work profile (microsoft company portal).

What I tried:

• A restart (soft reset) of the tablet solves the issue temporarily
  • A re-install of the broken app solves the problem, but only for that app and also temporarily 
  • Switching off/on Wifi has no effect
  • Resetting network settings had no effect
  • Wiping cache partition had no effect
  • Switching off/on work profile has no influence

Please advice

NB probably off-topic, but screen casting to Chromecast Ultra via Google Home or Samsung Smartview does not work any more in 90% of the attempts.

28 REPLIES 28
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there Hattuma!

I don't know what's going on with this issue, but I've noticed that I'm having a similar issue to you, and there's a couple other posts with people having a similar issue, looks like it might be an issue with a borked firmware update or something. Hopefully Sammy'll get back to us or I might turn into Shrek.

All the best,
Tom 🙂
0 Likes
jool77
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem. I'm getting really frustrated and this will be the last Samsung product for me. Really bad handling of problems and it take ages to get correction.

0 Likes
jool77
Apprentice
Options

Hi Hattuma!

Have you found any solution to the problem? Have you tried to factory reset the tablet?

0 Likes
Hattuma
Journeyman
Options

I did not consider a factory reset. Too much work.

But the problem is narrowing down to the switch between the users. After switching back to my account more often apps lack connectivity. The other user does no experience problems. However we do not check every app after each switch of course

0 Likes
Larches
Explorer
Options

Yep, had exactly the same on my S5e. Definitely seems to be bug to do with multiple profiles. I have reluctantly done a factory reset due to a different problem and I think this time I will (again, reluctantly) stick to just one profile for all the family.

0 Likes
Hattuma
Journeyman
Options

Hi Larches, did the problem disappear for you ? I stopped switching between user profiles, but occasionally apps still think there is no internet. I also have a work-profile as part of the main user; not sure that has influence too.

0 Likes
Hattuma
Journeyman
Options

One other thing comes to mind: since android 10 devices by default use a randomised mac address for identifying on wifi. I switched to the device mac-address for my home wifi ssids (also because I like to use fixed IP addresses on my network)

I must say that I did not have any connectivity issues last weeks. 

0 Likes
jool77
Apprentice
Options

Tried that but unfortunately it made no difference in my case.

0 Likes
Nutty667
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue. Twitter, Google photos and Amazon music all lose connectivity after switching back to the main profile from my wife's. 

Infuriating to say the least!

0 Likes