Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fingerprint option

(Topic created on: 02-10-2021 12:38 PM)
DLV
Apprentice
Options
Hi, has anybody had an issue with a new Galaxy Tab S6 not having a fingerprint recognition option in Bio.etrics and Security.

I have a SM-P615 purchased direct from Samsung.
One UI 3.1
Android 11
Knox 3.7
Latest software release.

David
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AsadM
Options

Hi @DLV, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite doesn't have a fingerprint scanner, hence there's no option for this in the Settings. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
DLV
Apprentice
Options
Hi AsadM, thanks for the swift response. I was unaware of this when purchasing and thought that the Biometrics would be as good or better than my S3 and at least comparable to my A70. Is this just in the UK? It is a backward step surely.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

This is specific to this model as it's a Lite version of the Tab S6, which will be limited, and not have all the specifications, including the fingerprint sensor, @DLV . It's quite common for lower range devices to not have all the advanced features as it's mainly designed for people who want to take advantage of the tablet but without a lot of the advanced features you'll find on higher end devices. Information on what is included on the Tab S6 Lite is available on the Samsung UK website, which you can access here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/tablets/galaxy-tab-s/galaxy-tab-s6-lite-blue-128gb-wi-fi-sm-p610nzbebtu/#...

0 Likes