Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed RGB display calibration on Galaxy Tab s8 OS

(Topic created on: 14-07-2022 10:23 PM)
robertocolabene
Apprentice
Options

Just need an RGB calibration cause i wanna set the white balance by my self.
It should be normal for a top tier device, i think.
Not everyone wants a warm tint LCD.

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@robertocolabene: If you head to Settings > Display > Screen mode > Advanced settings, then you should be able to adjust the RGB White Balance from here. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
robertocolabene
Apprentice
Options

that option doesn't exists on galaxy tab ui

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Other people are dismissive of this app as snake oil on here. I am going to suggest you try for yourself as I have found it works on my Android devices. You have nothing to lose anyway. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bully.games.displaycalibration (it won't let you set the white point yourself but should adjust it noticeably). I have used it on two Motorola phones, my Current Nokia, my old Acer tablet and my current Samsung Tab A7. All do have better colour and contrast after the tuning process.
0 Likes
robertocolabene
Apprentice
Options

thanks for the response but app without root permission cant really change rgb calibration, i tried but as expcted nothing happened. Anyway this is not a solution, samsung developers MUST add rgb calibration on the tab ui.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Well it works for me, did you turn off automatic brightness adjust? That can prevent it as part of the issue is that raising and lowering the brightness of any panel slightly alters the RGB values. I have a Spyder 5 for my PCs and have found this to be the case with IPS as well as older VA type screens. OLED may be different though
0 Likes