Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I set an app to always open when plugged in to a computer on the galaxy tab a8. I no longer want this to happen.

(Topic created on: 25-04-2022 10:13 PM)
Darth_Sion
First Poster
Options

I have an issue where I have set an app to open every time I have my galaxy tab a8 plugged in to my computer. The app is Duet Display. However I no longer want it to open when I plug in the device to the computer. I have looked in all of the settings but cant find the setting. I have tried resetting all settings, uninstalling the app. But nothing has worked. This issue is also preventing me from syncing files to my device because it opens the app instead of letting me transfer files. How do you fix?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Did you set it up to open via bixby routines?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Darth_Sion: It might be worth double checking that the app has been uninstalled, as I'm surprised that the issue has persisted following it's removal from the tablet. With this in mind, head to Settings > Apps > Duet Display > Uninstall. As suggested by @Ksmy89 you can also check Settings > Advanced Features > Bixby Routines, and remove any relevant routines from here. 

0 Likes
Darth_Sion
First Poster
Options

When I uninstalled the app, it then started saying that there was no app available to use this accessory whenever i plugged it in. In the message it says something about duet display. I went to advanced settings and did not see any Bixby Routines menu in that section. However after rebooting the tablet and the computer now it gives a pop up every time I plug in the device to the computer to open duet display instead of auto opening it. I am new to android so am unsure if I am just missing something. 

0 Likes
Comintel
First Poster
Options

The solution from Duetdisplay is:

You might have enabled the Duet Android USB support settings which can be found under the Settings tab when you open your Duet desktop app.

Comintel_0-1687193965088.png

You will need to disable this first to be able to transfer files to your Android device.

This seems to work.

0 Likes