Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate Android 11!

(Topic created on: 17-03-2021 10:12 AM)
1OfAnotherKind
Journeyman
Options

Can someone please tell me how to stop the notifications telling me that there's an Android 11 update?

I have a Sony Xperia 1 II which already had Android 11 installed on it and I have had a few issues with certain app installations. What's worse is the home screen/launcher and how the apps are displayed. One of the main reasons I bought this Galaxy S6 tablet is because it stated that it was Android 10 at the time, which isn't quite as bad 🙄

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@1OfAnotherKind 

hi there

turn off / Settings → software updates → download updates automatically (off)

restart the device

😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
btw, Samsung's implementation of android 11 is completely different to Sony's and tends to be much more polished, so you might want to consider that before you don't update
0 Likes
1OfAnotherKind
Journeyman
Options

@Qwerty7  It's not different from the Sony one because I've read the update details on my Samsung.

0 Likes
1OfAnotherKind
Journeyman
Options

@strawberry cake  thanks for responding. One of the first things I do when setting up a new device is change the automatic update settings wherever it's been pre-set to do so. Even in the Google Play store and the Samsung Galaxy store 😉 

I forgot to mention that you're not even able to stop the notification only postpone it for up to 2 hours maximum each time! 🙄

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung uses the One UI skin while Sony uses stock android. Issues with app installations are going to be caused by Sony's implementation as it is completely different. all they share are the core android 11 changes, and android 11 on other phones is fine so that's why I'm attributing this to Sony. Another problem could he those apps being optimised for an old version, but as you mean 'app installations' I assume it's actually installing the app which has no issues on Samsung phones with android 11.
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@1OfAnotherKind 

alright, need to clear the cache for this

• switch off phone
  • press and hold power and volume down keys for 7 seconds
  • remove the hold when you'll see a logo
  • press volume down to highlight clear cache
  • press power key to confirm
  • select reboot system now

the pop up should be gone 😁

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
1OfAnotherKind
Journeyman
Options

Thank you I'll try that but so far this evening it's not popped up 🙂

0 Likes
1OfAnotherKind
Journeyman
Options

As I mentioned before I have read the Samsung description stating the same details for the app display/home screen as with my Sony 

0 Likes
1OfAnotherKind
Journeyman
Options

@strawberry cake  I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. It just turned the tablet off after displaying the Samsung and Android logos as it normally does. I tried at least 3 times 🙂                    Although I've been able to do this with my old Samsung phones.....

0 Likes