Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wipe the fingerprint sensor and try again - tab s5e

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 08:39 PM)
flipside
Apprentice
Options

Hi 

I keep getting in the error in the title , its fine for a while after a reset but then comes back.

Anyone any idea how to fix it without a full reset,

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Are you using a screen protector Members_o84ZQNI?.. I had problems with my fingerprint sensor at first due to my screen protector causing touch and fingerprint issues and to solve it I had to go into my settings and then into the display section and then scroll down to the touch sensitivity toggle and turn it on for better sensitivity and fingerprint sensor efficiency. Please see pic below. Hope this makes things better for you.. 👍

Screenshot_20210315-211416_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
flipside
Apprentice
Options
hey thanks for reading and commenting, the tab 5se has the fingerprint scanner in the powerbutton however
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried deleting your existing fingerprints and adding them again. When you add fingerprints, you can add 3. Try adding 3 of the same finger.
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
A power button sensor like on my old S7 Edge then flipside.. Sorry about getting your name wrong my friend!.. My glasses need cleaning.. lol!.. I find the power button fingerprint scanner worked well but I guess it may be a software or hardware issue then?.. Have you heard of others having the same problem?.. If so a software cure could be forthcoming?.. Good luck regardless.. 👍👍
flipside
Apprentice
Options
thanks and yes done that
0 Likes
Options

I have same problem, have you fix it ?

0 Likes