Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab won't unlock

(Topic created on: 17-02-2019 09:43 PM)
RobinElvin
Apprentice
Options

I am unable to get into my tablet after leaving it on charge. The unlock requires a PIN and biometrics are unavailable until next time. I enter my PIN and it just takes me back to the lock screen. It looks like the PIN unlock is crashing.

Because the PIN unlock doesn't work I can't reboot or shut down either.

How can I get around this? The battery is at 100% so it'll be over week before it runs out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RobinElvin
Apprentice
Options

Model is SM-T830

No error messages initially. After trying numerous things off/on for nearly an hour last night (WiFi, Bluetooth, Daily Board etc.) I started to get "System UI has stopped" every time I entered my PIN. My guess is that it was the error all along but it just wasn't getting displayed as the screen usually went black right after entering my PIN.

In the end I found out I could reboot by holding down Power + Volume Down and thankfully it has started up fine this morning.

View solution in context

70 REPLIES 70
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you try logging into your Samsung Account and use the options in that to unlock your device if that's possible.

Or visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options
@RobinElvin: Please can you confirm the model number of your tablet? Are you getting any error messages when you enter your PIN?
0 Likes
Solution
RobinElvin
Apprentice
Options

Model is SM-T830

No error messages initially. After trying numerous things off/on for nearly an hour last night (WiFi, Bluetooth, Daily Board etc.) I started to get "System UI has stopped" every time I entered my PIN. My guess is that it was the error all along but it just wasn't getting displayed as the screen usually went black right after entering my PIN.

In the end I found out I could reboot by holding down Power + Volume Down and thankfully it has started up fine this morning.

Liina
First Poster
Options

Thanks, I had exactly the same problem and the same solution worked.So your post helped me very much

jakobsprenger
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much for this post. I left my Galaxy Tab S4 on charge while spending over a week in hospital. The exact same thing happened. Power + Volume down to reboot my tablet without losing any info on it.  So thanks again for this valuable info!

Sunseascuba
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue after leaving on Charge,

Eneter pin and just keeps coming back to lock screen.

Held down Power the Volume down untill screen shut down and re booted .

Upon reboot entered pin and all is normal again.

Thanks heaps

CWedge411
First Poster
Options

@andrewl

wrote:
@RobinElvin: Please can you confirm the model number of your tablet? Are you getting any error messages when you enter your PIN?

@AndrewL

I just had this problem too, the fix worked...Can someone raise this to Samsung Dev?

AussieBob
First Poster
Options

Tried this solution on my SM-T835 and it worked. Had taken tablet to Samsung shop and they said that it would need to go back to their workshop for a "Factory Reset"

Big  many Thanks

Aussie Bob

Dirtch
First Poster
Options

The Power + Volume Down solution worked for me, too, on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Seems to be a common problem, so I'm glad I found your solution.