Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External microphone with S6 tablet

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 05:53 PM)
stbsta
First Poster
Options

Dear all,

I would like to use an external microphone to record the sound during videos on my S6 TAB.
I have a usb-c jack adapter but it doesn't work. 
It's only the internal microphone that takes the sound.

If you have some ideas, that would be great.
Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
PFC_Hudson
Pioneer
Options

Select the USB microphone as the recording source and if it won't let you choose then the app is as fault

Four more weeks then out...
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@stbsta: When you plug in the USB mic, do you get a notification to acknowledge the connection? If so, what happens if you tap on it? I don't have a lot of experience with external mic usage on Android devices, however you might want to reach out to the manufacturer directly to enquire about any restrictions you might be facing, or to see if there is a companion app that might utilise the external mic option.
0 Likes
Pradeep
First Poster
Options

Thank you for flagging this issue. I have exact same problem - I tried plugging in a microphone to the (USB) port on the S6 Galaxy note, but it says it can not recognise the device.

If you have found a solution to this, please do advise on how to connect the mic to S6 Galaxy.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Pat126
First Poster
Options

I also had the same problem trying to connect an external microphone to my Samsung Tab S6.  I bought a Rode VideoMic NTG which has a usb connection as well as a trrs connection.  It can be connected directly via usb-c to the tablet if you also download Rode Reporter app from Playstore. Once you have downloaded the app on your tablet (disregard that it may say the app is not optimised for your device), you will then be able to connect your microphone and record through your regular camera app using the external microphone.  Worked well on my device, I trust it works well for you too.

0 Likes