Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 update has messed up 'move to SD' functionality.

(Topic created on: 28-12-2022 06:13 PM)
jasonuk
Explorer
Options

Updated my A7 Lite today with Android 12 and the apps on my SD card are no longer accessible.  The update to Android 12 has basically killed the 'Move to SD' functionality which Android 11 had.  If an app is moved to SD to fails with 'Not Enough Storage' error even though there's 10s of Gb free on the SD card.  I've tried everything; formatting/mounting & unmounting card and even a factory reset assuming the SD card was the issue but it isn't.  I copied back my music & ebook library to the SD card using my PC and they can be accessed / played / read without issue which further shows the SD card isn't the problem.

75 REPLIES 75
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
you have confirmed by that reply that Apps to sd 's comment was correct
0 Likes
Jettannie12
First Poster
Options

Good Lord go away with your condescending replies. Some people have lives and can't afford a nicer tablet. Geez

0 Likes
Members_v86kYQ7
First Poster
Options

"44. Google DID NOT REMOVE the move to SD card feature - please prove me wrong, I checked all release notes and changelogs I could find and nowhere did it mention this was remove. Please supply some evidence to substantiate your claims. Mentioned this in this thread before"

I went to the customer support today regarding this matter and the guy there told me otherwise: "if you see this (pointing to the Android version 12.something installed on the tablet) you will no longer be able to move or install apps on the memory card as Google itself removed that functionality from Android 12 due to the apps being more powerful and resource hungry that external memory can't handle efficiently"

0 Likes
MudBaby05
First Poster
Options

How do I go about "rooting" my samsung a7 lite? And do I need to do that before I can download the app you recommended. The a7 is my 6 year old son's tablet and because the tablet itself has only 32GB internal memory he has to delete games off of it before he can download any new games and it's frustrating for him and me because some of the things he has on there like abc mouse he can't delete or it will cancel all the progress he has made 😞

0 Likes
Solution
jasonuk
Explorer
Options
Move to Sd functionality works again following latest update to Android 13. My A7 Lite updated today. Hurray!
olivierGOA
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, this update is not available in Canada, the issue is not resolved for me.

0 Likes