Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A8 problem

(Topic created on: 10-02-2023 08:44 PM)
robby14
Journeyman
Options
I have ghost screen issue on my tablet , I've been onto Samsung chat, they said to go through members app, I open the Members app on my A8 and it comes up with "sever response error , please try again later (400) " don't know what to do now .

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @robby14!

Did you manage to get this resolved?

0 Likes
robby14
Journeyman
Options
No not yet Chris, its just as tho they are trying to send me in circles and not fix it ,I rang UK technical ,they did send me an email with a trouble shooting guide, which didn't work , so I've got to ring ring them again on Monday , my worry is that it has just gone out of warranty, but I've been trying since November to resolve both the ghost screen and the above issue, they do seem to think now its a software problem. So I'll wait and see, but cheers for the reply.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I am sorry to hear that @robby14 .

This may be already on our colleagues guide but would you be able to try the following things?

-Clear the Samsung Members app cache and data from the Settings> Apps> Storage> Clear cache and then Clear data.

-Check if there are any pending updates available from the Galaxy Store> Menu> Updates> Update all.

In regard to the ghost screen is this visible in all the Tab screens and apps? Have you run the following test? 

Dial *#0*# into your Phone app keypad > Tap on ‘Red’, ‘Green’ and ‘Blue’ > Observe the colour displayed. If the colours still show the lines, there may be a hardware issue with your device. If this is the case the best thing to do is having this looked by one of our engineer in situ. You can arrange this from here if you are in the UK: Book Your Repair with an Authorised Service Centre | Samsung UK

If your are in a different country please select the right one from this list and head to the Support page available there: SAMSUNG | Samsung UK

0 Likes
robby14
Journeyman
Options

Hi Tess
When I do the*#0*# as I touch the last # it dissapears no clouds? . Tried all of the above didn't make any difference. I am in the Isle of Man regarding the repair.
When I have the tablet in landscape mode, with the power button on the top left , approximately 6 centimetres down and 13 centimetres along any app in that position will open by itself.
0 Likes
robby14
Journeyman
Options
"Clouds"?? Meant colour
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Would you be able to send us a video displaying the ghosting issue or a screenshot of this?

0 Likes
robby14
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
robby14
Journeyman
Options
When I move the apps around it does the same , so randomly
0 Likes
robby14
Journeyman
Options
9 months later , cannot still open Members app on my tablet, still the same issue, error 400
0 Likes