Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder size/layout

(Topic created on: 28-06-2021 01:35 AM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Please let us change icon layouts or icon sizes for folders.
OneUI 2 and 2.5 had 4 icons across, and it was a vertical free-scroll.

OneUI 3.0 is now 3 icons across, wasted space, icons too big, and a horizontal page scroll.

I can't find a way to change it, but much preferred the 4 icons across.

Can we have layout options like we do for home screen and app screen? 

275 REPLIES 275
T_W
Student
Options

Well, it looks like enough people complained - just noticed that in the last UI update, I now have the option to go back to 4 wide in the folders! A step forward (well, back to what we had before)!
Thanks for listening, Samsung! Next time, please don't take away something we like ...

0 Likes
A50 malaysia
Student
Options

I also like to suggest that icon of a folder (before opening the folder) adapts to the number of content. Say if 4 contents or less, larger 2x2 content icon arrangement is displayed where each have larger size. With 3x3 arrangement with small icon it is hard to see what are inside. Most of the time I only put in 4 or less app in a folder.

How Nova Launcher do it is an excellent example, and the main reason I use it, instead of the default One UI.

0 Likes
RubyMouse
Apprentice
Options

Any update on forcing this crazy change on us?

0 Likes
Cbreezy816
Student
Options

Yea download the app called Good lock from the Samsung app store.now Google play store. Then add the home up add on and that will let you change the folder sizes

0 Likes
Adjust a folder
Apprentice
Options

It's in the new One ui app from the samsung store. Just update it and the option appears

0 Likes
Bubble-Fish
First Poster
Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uuS5HbgXBk
Hopefully this helps.
Might have to change settings to allow APKs to be installed.
Please always be mindful when installing APKs on your device.

0 Likes