Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder size/layout

(Topic created on: 22-10-2020 04:56 PM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Please let us change icon layouts or icon sizes for folders.
OneUI 2 and 2.5 had 4 icons across, and it was a vertical free-scroll.

OneUI 3.0 is now 3 icons across, wasted space, icons too big, and a horizontal page scroll.

I can't find a way to change it, but much preferred the 4 icons across.

Can we have layout options like we do for home screen and app screen? 

275 REPLIES 275
oaomcg
Student
Options

I also just got this update and find this particular change infuriating...

TheGoldenMan99
Journeyman
Options

It just got fixed! Updare your One Ui App in Galaxy Store. So happy right now😄

0 Likes
NateGuy
Apprentice
Options

I'm not seeing it, Golden?... Maybe that update is being rolled out regionally? What does the fix look like? Is there an option to select the folder grid size? Is it just back to 4 wide permanently?

my4cents
Journeyman
Options

Yes.  It's fixed!!  Go to the Galaxy Store and update Samsung One UI Home.  It is Version 12.1.01.15 dated today, February 23, 2021.  Then in Settings-Home Screen-Folder grid you have two options 3x4 and 4x4.  Enjoy!

Samsung One UI Home link:

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.sec.android.app.launcher&cId=000005483570

oaomcg
Student
Options

Confirmed it is fixed now after updating from the Galaxy Store! I lucked out and only had to live with it for 1 day but i am very happy to be able to make my folders look normal again.

0 Likes
NateGuy
Apprentice
Options

MY MAN! We did it!

BR2
First Poster
Options

I also created an account, purely to state that this is so dumb. We should be able to choose the layout. I have to completely retrain my muscle memory and am constantly hitting the wrong apps. Why would any make their product worse. So idiotic. Go back to 4 across or let us choose. It's 2021, I'm sure one of your developers can figure this out

0 Likes
Strangar
First Poster
Options

I agree, I had a Note 8 and they were 4 across. Why do we get a bigger screen and then the icons get so big.

0 Likes
Markiimg
Journeyman
Options

Please please make this a priority - I have been a Samsung Galaxy user since the S3 and this is a major issue. Tbh the old way with 4 layout was still frustrating as having 5 or 6 would be a good idea. 

Though at the very least it should be returned to the previous set up. 

🖖 

0 Likes
my4cents
Journeyman
Options

Please check out my reply a few days ago. This is fixed. 

0 Likes