Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder size/layout

(Topic created on: 22-10-2020 04:56 PM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Please let us change icon layouts or icon sizes for folders.
OneUI 2 and 2.5 had 4 icons across, and it was a vertical free-scroll.

OneUI 3.0 is now 3 icons across, wasted space, icons too big, and a horizontal page scroll.

I can't find a way to change it, but much preferred the 4 icons across.

Can we have layout options like we do for home screen and app screen? 

275 REPLIES 275
my4cents
Journeyman
Options

This is fixed. See my post above. 

0 Likes
slapzmendoza
Student
Options

Oh my! They actually fixed this with OneUI 3.1!!!! Congratulations Guys! You now have the option to select 3x4 or 4x4!! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Strangar
First Poster
Options

Not fixed everywhere 😕. My brand new S21 Ultra does not have that and when I try and install OneUI it says it is not compatible with my device.😠

0 Likes
MEGAnz
First Poster
Options

Thanks for post and explanation 👍

Some one should link this answer to the start so it easier to find

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

If someone could post some screenshot showing a folder with about 20 icons in it, a screenshot of the settings options, a screenshot of your device model and OneUI version, I'll accept that post as the solution.

Please include it in one post.

I'm still on Android 10 / OneUI 2.5 after rolling back because of other issues, so I can't verify it myself. 

0 Likes
GazIng
Student
Options

Hello,

They allow a maximum of 4x4 folder layout

• Screenshot_20210308-180142_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210308-180150_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210308-175837_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20210308-175822_One UI Home.jpg
DBisson
First Poster
Options

Add me to this list also

0 Likes
Nickel-City
First Poster
Options

So I just opened my New Note 20 Ultra today.  As I am in the process of setting it up I get around to the folder layout. If there were one area I had to put money on, it would have been that Samsung kept the 4 wide icons concept in the app folders. Needless to say I am glad I didn't bet the house because I would have lost it. With over 250 complaints about this feature, why has it taken so long to correct it. I think somebody at Samsung needs to get on the ball here. The 3 wide concept is a complete waste of space on the screen, and no one should have to flip through 4 pages of apps in a folder where you should only need 2 pages using smaller icons. Samsung has options for everything else in this phone... why not have an option of 3, 4 or 5 wide icons in these folders.

0 Likes
NateGuy
Apprentice
Options

Guys, it's fixed. It's been fixed for a good while now. Update OneUI on your phone and then scroll up on this page a bit to see where to select 4 wide folder icon layouts.

0 Likes
wbm71
First Poster
Options

This has not been fixed. There is no option "folder grid" as in the screenshot above. Perhaps Samsung needs time to roll out the update...

0 Likes