Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung MIM-H03N wi-fi kit and mobile app issue

(Topic created on: 21-10-2022 07:28 AM)
horvathtam
First Poster
Options

I tried to connect to MIM-H03N wifi kit with Samsung SmartThings app. I found this device and during the installation, i should connect to system a/c wireless channel, but my MIM-H03N has got different wifi name, DIRECT-SMARTDVM. I can not finish the installation process, because the app is waiting for the system a/c network instead of DIRECT-SMARTDVM.

Has got anybody idea how can i fix this problem?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
wubs
Student
Options

Does anyone have a solution to this? I have the exact same problem with the MIM-H03 (not MIM-H03N).

When I contacted Samsung Chat Support, they told me the MIM-H03 is not supported by the SmartThings app & I have to use the (older) SmartHome app which is just as horrific.

It doesn't work in SmartHome work either. It gets stuck  on the "Add device" > "Setting up your device" screen and never progresses (even though I've pressed & held down the physical AP button on the side of the MIM-H03 for 3 seconds to create the temporary DIRECT-SMARTDVM Wi-Fi network which I can see & join with my phone).

0 Likes
PB28
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem with the MIM-H03N. Installed correctly, but neither the Samsung SmartThings App nor the OLD Samsung Smart Home app connect to the device after pressing the AP button (using Android Device). Also  getting stuck  on the "Add device" > "Setting up your device" screen and never progresses. Has anyone found a solution for this?

wubs
Student
Options

Hey @PB28, great to hear I'm not alone :smiling-face: I'm curious... once you press the AP button on your MIM-H03N, does it broadcast the "system a/c" or "DIRECT-SMARTDVM" SSID Wi-Fi network?

0 Likes
PB28
Student
Options

Yes, it broadcasts the "DIRECT-SMARTDVM" Network, but the app does not connect to it and it times out at some point. 

0 Likes
Yftj
First Poster
Options

Hey guys I'm having the same problem just wondering if you ever got it working? Thanks!

0 Likes
wubs
Student
Options

Nope. Still can’t get my MIM-H03 to work with either of my indoor units:

Note: each has its own MWR-WE10.

I've also enabled central control (e.g., page 42 of the manual) via the respective MWR-WE10 wired remote controller.

I’ve tried the SmartThings app via both iOS & Android & the dang thing will just not find the aircon unit during the setup process despite the "DIRECT-SMARTDVM" WiFi SSID being broadcast (once I physically press the AP button on the MIM-H03) & my iPhone/Android device being connected to it.

I even created a dedicated 2.4 GHz only WiFi SSID for my phone to be initially connected to as apparently the MIM-H03 doesn’t support 5 GHz but that hasn’t helped either.

Samsung support palmed me off to their network of installers but if you ask me it seems like a software, configuration, or compatibility issue. Wiring is very straight forward.

0 Likes
ScottA4
First Poster
Options

Well I wish I had read this before buying my wifi unit. 
Replacing a H02, tried a H04 with no tracking, now a H03 has the wrong SSID.

Tech support where is the support? 

0 Likes