Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check in Mode

(Topic created on: 12-12-2020 11:01 AM)
Hellfire27
Journeyman
Options
I wonder if Samsung smart things will ever include a daily check in Mode?

Where once a day it'll ask someone to press a button to say their ok, if no response it tries again within say an hour or user selected duration. If no response it rings a selected call list to let them know Debbie has not checked in today and may require your assistance. With all the different smart things around the home now, you could check in pretty much anywhere. If your in a car when you due to check in, it can use GPS to know your traveling at speed or Bluetooth connected to the car etc.
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Smart Things only works on your own network so I doubt this is possible. What's wrong with using a phone to ring the person?
0 Likes
Hellfire27
Journeyman
Options
it's for when the phone isn't near the person or cannot reach it after say a fall etc
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So how are you going to get this to work in practice? Install Smart Things at the relative's home? My mother in law would continually forget to press any button. She struggles to hang up using cordless phones. Fortunately she has one of those lifeline devices she hangs around her neck for emergencies.
0 Likes