Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SmartThings Station to Ireland?

(Topic created on: 19-02-2023 05:18 PM)
Duckofdeath
Explorer
Options

Will the new SmartThings Station come to Ireland?

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/smartthings-station-with-travel-adapter-...

It would be neat to be able to use the built-in smart home features on our phones instead of having third party apps that never gets updated after you've bought a device.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Duckofdeath
Explorer
Options

I got my US SmartThings Station yesterday. Setup was a breeze, like adding a pair of Galaxy Buds. I did not pay attention to the fact they're selling it with and without a charger, so I wasted money on getting one with a US charger... >.<

With a bit of tinkering I got my "non compatible" smart bulbs working with SmartThings and now I have controls directly in the Quick Settings menu on my phone. \o/

Now, to burn the rest of my money on overpriced IOT things...😅

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JeffGallagher
First Poster
Options

Is this site monitored by Samsung?

Duckofdeath
Explorer
Options

Probably not by anyone on their business bit. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Anyhoos, since you replied I decided to check the price on Amazon.com and it was randomly on a 30% discount, so I have ordered one from there. the discount ought to cover whatever customs duties I'll get on it. Knock on wood.

Solution
Duckofdeath
Explorer
Options

I got my US SmartThings Station yesterday. Setup was a breeze, like adding a pair of Galaxy Buds. I did not pay attention to the fact they're selling it with and without a charger, so I wasted money on getting one with a US charger... >.<

With a bit of tinkering I got my "non compatible" smart bulbs working with SmartThings and now I have controls directly in the Quick Settings menu on my phone. \o/

Now, to burn the rest of my money on overpriced IOT things...😅

0 Likes
Medi81
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

May i ask if the smarthtings station that you bought from US is getting firmware updates in Europe ?

I would also like to order it from Amazon.com but i am worried about firmware updates, it may be locked to US region

0 Likes
Duckofdeath
Explorer
Options

It looks like it is getting firmware updates. I got version 000.050.00010 in October, which should be the latest.

There is no IMEI/CSC or similar radio in it for them to region lock it. So I don't think it'd be possible for them to enforce that.

There's obviously no real warranty, unless I buy a plane ticket to the States to repair a 70 buck device. But that's a risk I'm willing to take for this one. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Bigmo82
Apprentice
Options

I understand that ZigBee devices manufactured for Europe normally connect to a smartthing station.  I also intend to buy a device in the US

0 Likes