Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong trade in

(Topic created on: 21-02-2023 09:24 PM)
Olivija12
First Poster
Options

I purchased the S23 Ultra with the trade in option. I unfortunately entered the wrong model, (I want to trade in a Note 20 Ultra device but I put S21 Ultra by accident). The order has already been dispatched so I can't cancel it. The IMEI number and storage is correct however. What would be the best course of action? Do I have to return and make a new order or can I send the phone anyway and just pay the difference (the Note 20 Ultra is worth less than the S21 ultra)?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The IMEI numbers will tell them what phone it is anyway.
Personally I would just carry on as normal.
But if you are worried, you can always contact Samsung Customer Support and just check with them.
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
For some reason it doesn't work like that. You can choose any device and put in any valid imei number and it goes through. It doesn't seem to match the imei number to the device, it just checks that the number is valid. There really should be a check in place to avoid this.
0 Likes
redwan71
Pioneer
Options
It's kinda doesn't make sense, IMEI number shouldn't work with any different model if I'm not wrong. Try to contact customer customer care.
0 Likes
Kirsty8
First Poster
Options

I've just done exactly the same thing. Sent the screen shot of new phone order to my bro and he's come back and said that's the wrong phone for trade in. What happened with yours? Did Samsung reject the trade in or did you contact them? 

0 Likes