Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade program customers sharfted!

(Topic created on: 18-01-2024 12:52 PM)
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
So, after my rant regarding the upgrade programme being scrapped, here's my update

I decided to get the S 24 Ultra and pay for it outright. My husband needed a phone so he got my S 23 ultra.
So now I'll be keeping this phone for a few years which means Samsung will miss out on me owning the next 3 Uktra phones. Seems like the upgrade programme cancellation might cost Samsung future unit sales.

23 REPLIES 23
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
The Flex scheme is not good. It is an exact copy of car contracts were you pay a fixed amount for 12-24 months and then at end of contract period you either hand the car back or make a final payment to keep it (called balloon payment). The only advantage to Samsung Flex is that it is zero interest rate.
Many car dealers do offer customers deals to change their car early, so we can only hope Samsung do this when S25 is launched.
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah this is going to mark the end of the annual upgrades for most people I think 🤔
Keeping the S23 Ultra isn't really much of an option because it's not going to be worth much in 2 years time. I'm considering giving my S23 Ultra to my husband (he's got a really crappy phone and wants to upgrade) and buying the S24 Ultra outright and keeping it for a few years now.
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
Yes this Flex option costs the customer a lot more than the upgrade programme did
Francis991
First Poster
Options

Hi, please can you help me understand this more. I want to buy the S24 ultra and I want to use the flex so I pay monthly, I want to ask if there will be interest on the exact price of the model.

0 Likes