Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK/Upgrade Program customers get little to no benefits from pre-ordering. Very disappointing

(Topic created on: 02-02-2023 12:33 AM)
Tom1k9
Journeyman
Options

@Samsung really did the UK dirty this year when it comes to pre-order bonuses... of which there basically aren't any.

No Galaxy Buds or any significant discounts/benefits to be seen this year, other than getting a 512GB model for the price of 256GB model (Which is £10 more if you're on the upgrade plan?). Also a real shame to see them sh**ting on their loyal "Upgrade Program" customers yet again by offering them less benefits than if you were a completely new customer.

They did the same thing last year and i'll never understand why new customers get looked after more than Upgrade program customers, who have clearly demonstrated loyalty to the Samsung brand by joining the upgrade program in the first place. It just feels like a very counterintuitive move to me to offer those most committed to the brand, less benefits than everyone else.

When you look at the trade in offers, discounts, freebies and more that other markets all around the world are getting, this starts to feel like a real slap in the face if you're a Samsung UK customer.

But hey, atleast we don't have to deal with Exynos chips anymore.

#S23 #preorder

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options
90% of the reason for my upgrading this year is to be rid of the exynos chip - finally!

Always felt like I was receiving a subpar version compared with the US iteration.
Robin999
Maestro
Options
The trade in offer is what swung it for me. £600 off the price was too good to ignore.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Even for new customers it's free upgrade in storage and six months Disney.
0 Likes
Tom1k9
Journeyman
Options
This is the same reason I'm upgrading, purely because we've had to deal with Exynos for so long and I'll feel like I'm finally getting a "proper" Samsung flagship.
I'm gonna buy this one outright though and leave the upgrade plan whilst I'm at it as its not really worth it anymore. I really don't need to be upgrading every year and I'd rather come back in 2 or 3 years as a "new" customer and enjoy more benefits when upgrading than if I stayed on the upgrade plan
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
Yes it will be good to get rid of Exynos chip. Hardly any YouTube reviews mention this as a good reason for upgrading. It appears that the new Snapdragon has a big increase in performance against old one, so should notice a big difference against Exynos.
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
That's because most of the YouTube people are in the US, and most Americans don't know the rest of the world exists.
DrMips
Pathfinder
Options
If your in the USA you get $800 to $1000 off for any old Samsung phone. The phone is also cheaper than the UK at $1199. So basically they are getting the phone for $200.
0 Likes
DrMips
Pathfinder
Options
I tried trading in my Fold 4 for the S23 Ultra because I can't stand it. I was told it was too new and that I couldn't.
0 Likes
Scottytoohotty
Student
Options

One of the first things I checked this year after receiving my email about my upgrade, was to check what shiny gifts they were offering this year. To find nothing available.
But, if the story I found is in fact true? If you live in Israel, you get free buds and a free wireless charging pad! I think Samsung need to look after it's upgrade program customers in the UK a bit more, as I'm seriously considering another brand.