Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S24 Plus - placed order appears as invalid, no order confirmation email, but money was taken out of my account

(Topic created on: 11-02-2024 04:39 PM)
Aster22
Apprentice
Options

I've placed an order for a Samsung S24 Plus today (Sunday, 11.02.2024) at 10.54am. I got a confirmation number, and money was taken out of my account. However, at 12.06 I got an email from a Samsung no-repy email with the heading "Did you forget something in your cart?" This email also included an invalid link.

I got no other email confirmation, neither in my main email nor in the junk folder.

When I tried to check the order status in my Samsung account, the order appears as invalid. (I also tried to checke it by logging out of my account, and it still showed as invalid).

I contacted Samsung via chat, and they also confirmed that my order didn't show up anywhere and there was nothing they could do at this point.

What is going on here? Why was money paid from my account to Samsung UK if the order number they gave me was invalid? How can I make sure I will get my phone AND a confirmation email so that I can claim the buds 2Pro they offer if you pay by ordering until 27/02? This was the main reason I ordered now, and it all feels like such a bad joke on the consumer!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
Has the money been returned or not? Is it showing as paid to Samsung?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Aster22 

Obviously I can't say what's happened with the order you raised as we don't have access to accounts ,but in regards to your payment what has possibly happened is that your bank has gated off the funds from your available balance waiting for Samsung to collect. 

If there isnt a valid raised order meaning Samsung won't collect then the gated funds would drop back into your available bank account funds. 

To confirm this would mean a call to your Banks Customer Services Team. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Aster22
Apprentice
Options
The payment was made by debit card and it shows as pending, but it was taken out of my balance.
0 Likes
Aster22
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply. My question is why isn't the order valid since it was issued by Samsung at the moment of the transaction? It feels like a *****-up at Samsung's end and I don't really know what I should do next.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If the order is showing as pending, and the order has not completed correctly (as far as Samsung are concerned) then the pending should drop off in a few days time. Sadly it does mean you can't access that money until the pending has been removed.

Globally it can take up to 14 days, but every company is different in terms of speed. I'm not familiar with this for Samsung so couldn't confirm.

IF however AND THIS IS IMPORTANT the money goes actually get taken out of your account then you'll need to speak to Samsung Customer Service. Only they can resolve that.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It does appear that something has glitched on the website. It may or may not be at Samsungs end. 

As you also say there is no raised order. 

As I said previously the funds would drop back into your account when Samsung does not collect it.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Aster22 yes that's what I mean by being gated off by your bank. Not by Samsung. 

Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I think that the most likely cause was some glitch between the website and system (database, etc) doing the orders. However, that it is Samsung.

Samsung is by extension any of their services or agents. If call Samsung Support, I will be talking to Samsung not Peter.

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Aster22 

Yes, at this point Samsung has not touched a single penny from you. When you pay with your card and a transaction is authorised, the bank has made a "promise" to pay and it will block the promised amount, hence pending transaction.

I would use a Credit Card in the future. It gives extra protection. In the same way, the bank "promises" to pay, it "promises" that you will receive what you pay for and they are legally responsible if you do not get it.