Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra disappointing delivery.

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 12:49 PM)
Playmak3r
Pioneer
Options

Ordered my S22 ultra 1TB in red (which you can only get from Samsung unfortunately) on 10th February and meant to be delivered 10th March but 4 days later, nothing turned up and not a single bit of communication or update from Samsung. If Samsung can't fulfill there delivery dates, why take our money? Only jump on the pre-order bandwagon because of the free buds you can claim with it but by the time i take delivery I doubt I'll still be entitled to claim that. Would be nice if I can get my money back and go with a different company.

11 REPLIES 11
Jverdoes
Explorer
Options

I spoke to Nathan from Samsung customer services UK about an hour ago and he confirmed that there are no Reds available for delivery and they only expect stock in the first week of April.

I ordered my red S22U  512gb on 10 Feb and my original delivery date was due today. Not pleased at all 😠

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why doesn't that surprise me.
Mine is saying customisation complete. So I was expecting it to ship. But two weeks later and my delivery date passed
Still waiting
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Best to wait for the S23 ultra as by the time you get S22 ultra ..they will be thinking about S23 ultra
0 Likes
Playmak3r
Pioneer
Options
Better yet maybe I'll just completely drop leave Samsung. They've been lacking in past few years now. Better and cheaper phones out there, guess I was been too loyal to them.
Playmak3r
Pioneer
Options
Am not pleased knowing this now. Thanks for the info. Lack of communication from Samsung is frustrating.
0 Likes
Jverdoes
Explorer
Options
I believe we have to take customer services comments with a pinch of salt.
Yesterday morning they told me to only expect delivery in April but last night my order status moved to being shipped to my country.
Not sure where it's shipped from or how long this will take to get to the UK but I'll comment again once I get a DPD delivery slot.
0 Likes
Playmak3r
Pioneer
Options
Even Samsung employees don't know what's going on! Thanks for the info and hope you get your device soon.
Jverdoes
Explorer
Options

I truly believe that Samsung underestimated how well the S22 series will sell, especially the Ultra which is a disguised Note in my opinion.

I love the S Pen on my Note 9 and that is one of the main reasons I’m upgrading to the S22U with the built-in pen.

With the high sales and the issues that crept in, it must have put Samsung on the back foot and now they are playing catch-up. Sadly, they aren’t coping very well.

I believe they launched the S22 series a month too early, not testing it properly and sorting out all these issues, mainly with the Exynos chip. Hopefully, the delays are due to them trying to sort out these issues before shipping them out.

Will all these issues get resolved with updates, I really hope so. My Note 9 is still an awesome phone and hope the S22U won’t be a “downgrade”.

Like you said, I don’t think Samsung Customer Services have all the facts and they are chucked in the fiery pit trying to keep us disgruntled customers happy.

The high rollers of Samsung are the ones to blame for this poorly managed launch of the S22 series.

Best of luck to all and I hope we all receive our phones soon with all these issues resolved.

Playmak3r
Pioneer
Options
Absolutely, Samsung really underestimated how well the S22 will sell, have never had an S series phone before but always had the note series since note 3 and have always upgraded every couple of years but by merging the S and note series together they should have probably forseen this might happen with sales.
Am sure the chip shortage hasn't helped either but Samsung could have probably delayed the lunch a bit to get decent enough stock, and test the Exynos chipset out a bit better as we now finding out it's lagging behind the competition but am hoping with time it will be optimised properly.
Finally progress to the second stage of my order but 3 more stages to go so hopefully something soon.