Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra Trade in.

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 02:11 PM)
Marc_Bannister
Pioneer
Options

Hi all,

I pre-ordered the S21 Ultra by using the trade in discount from Samsung, received my S21 Ultra on launch day and then I sent my S20 Ultra off back to Samsung on Thursday, 4th February with Special delivery paid for so it got back to them within a day. I've received the email from Samsung to say they have received my device.

"Hello MARC,

We have received your parcel!

Order: 412633 (Royal Mail – Tracking no.  - Removed ) - Received

We have received your Trade-in device. No further action is required from you at this point and we'll send you another email once your device(s) have been processed.

Kind Regards
Samsung Trade-in Team"

But I've just received a text message from Samsung on (09/02/2021) saying "Dear Samsung customer you'll receive a pack to complete your trade-in process within 7 days. Upon receipt, please return your device within 7 days. Thanks"

Im really confused I've already sent it off and they say they've received it. I've got the email from Samsung to prove that and have my receipts, is this just a mistake or something or have I been scammed?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AntS
Options

Hi @Marc_Bannister , Confusion is understandable.

I may be wrong, but I have a suspicion that the text may be an automated one. Which address did you send your S20 Ultra off to?

0 Likes
Marc_Bannister
Pioneer
Options

Hi @AntS 

I have a suspicion it might be an automated late text message, since I received my trade in pack before I even received that text message.

I used the Special Royal Mail Delivery option,  and it was Delivered to  Harlow DO and signed by a guy called Ian

When searching for FoneWizard's address on google it does actually match up:  Address: 10 The Spire Green Centre, Harlow CM19 5TR 

Delivered and Signed: Ian

Adiepo
Journeyman
Options
I wouldn't worry about it..... Samsung have been in touch and confirmed delivery of your S20 for trade in so all looks good to me 👍
Case1188
Voyager
Options
I got the same text even though samsung confirmed they had my trade in device via email.
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
I received the same text after I requested for a return label to send back my S21 Ultra
0 Likes
phil981
Pioneer
Options
I also received the same SMS message from Samsung, despite receiving an email confirming my trade in is complete! (first email was confirmation that the parcel has been received, second email was confirming that the trade in was complete)
0 Likes